Andrew's practice is focused in the areas of corporate and securities law. He has significant experience representing both private and publicly held companies in mergers and acquisitions, as well as advising businesses in connection with a broad range of general corporate matters, including corporate structure, formation and reorganization. Additionally, Andrew represents public companies in public securities offerings and counsels public companies regarding their public reporting obligations and corporate governance matters. He regularly assists publicly held clients with insider ownership reporting, as well as annual, quarterly and current reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Andrew also represents clients in private securities offerings and advises financial services institutions, including banks and bank holding companies, regarding various corporate and securities law issues. Further, Andrew represents sports and entertainment clients in a wide variety of transactions, including licensing arrangements and endorsement deals.
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Alabama Delegate (2006-2007, 2010)
- Alabama State Bar Association, Leadership Forum, Class VI Participant (2010), Program Chair (2011-present)
- Alabama State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee (2006-present)
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, President (2009)
- Birmingham Bar Association, Business Law Section, Inaugural Member, Executive Board (2010-present), Chair-Elect (2013), Chair (2014)
- Birmingham Bar Association, Executive Committee (2009)
- Birmingham Bar Association, Future Leaders Forum-Inaugural Class (2009)
- Birmingham Bar Foundation, Board of Directors (2010-present), Secretary (2011), Treasurer (2012), Vice President (2013), President (2014)
- Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Program, Board of Directors (2011-present), Treasurer (2013-2014)
- Birmingham School of Law, Faculty
- Birmingham Venture Club
- Representation of Protective Life Corporation in an underwritten public offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of subordinated debentures.
- Representation of Torchmark Corporation in an underwritten public offerings of $125 million in junior subordinated debentures and $300 million in senior notes.
- Representation of Protective Life Corporation in an underwritten public offering of $800 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes.
- Representation of Torchmark Corporation in an underwritten public offering of $300 million in senior notes.
- Representation of Protective Life Corporation, a NYSE listed company, in an underwritten public offering of 15,525,000 shares of common stock.
- Representation of Alabama National BanCorporation, a NASDAQ listed bank holding company, in its sale to Royal Bank of Canada in a transaction valued at approximately $1.6 billion.
- Representation of an Alabama state chartered bank in a follow-on offering of approximately $12 million of common stock.
- Representation of a major public company in a $3.6 billion debt refinancing.
- Representation of physician investors in joint ventures involving equipment leasing arrangements with a hospital.
- Representation of emergency software company in sale of business to a publicly traded company.
- Representation of brick manufacturer and distributor in acquisitions of new distributorships.
- Negotiation of multi-million dollar, multi-year endorsement contract with sports marketing organization and record-setting athlete.
- Negotiation of multi-million dollar, multi-year sponsorship agreement with major athletic equipment and apparel company and top Hollywood entertainer.
81 Maynard Cooper Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America
Maynard Cooper Attorneys Named to Alabama Super Lawyers’ Top Listings
Ninety-five Maynard Cooper & Gale Lawyers Named in 2013 Alabama Super Lawyers
Ninety-three Maynard Cooper & Gale Lawyers Named In 2012 Alabama Super Lawyers; Ten Lawyers Named to Top 50 List; Seven Lawyers Named to Top 25 Women List
- Leadership Alabama-Alabama Leadership Initiative (2010)
- Leadership UAB (2010)
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama, Junior Board
- The Exceptional Foundation, Junior Board
- Public Affairs Research Council of Alabama, Roundtable Member
- Phoenix Club of Birmingham