Mr. Gray’s practice focuses on representing financial institutions, commercial lenders, landlords, and other secured and unsecured creditors in loan defaults, workouts, commercial litigation, chapters 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings. In addition to workouts, loan restructuring, 363 sales, foreclosures and personal property liquidations, his experience extends to cash collateral and stay relief proceedings, lien litigation, confirmation litigation and the defense of preference and fraudulent conveyance actions.
In conjunction with his creditors’ rights practice, Mr. Gray regularly represents financial institutions and developers in commercial lending and real estate transactions. He represents lenders in structuring, documenting, securing and closing all types of commercial financing transactions, including commercial real estate and construction loans, asset based lines of credit, investment property backed financing and letter of credit financing. With respect to developers, Mr. Gray is experienced in acquisition and disposition, development, land use planning and condominium formation and administration.
- American Bar Association (Sections: Real Property, Trust and Estate Law; Business Law; Litigation; Forum Committee on the Construction Industry);
- American Bankruptcy Institute;
- Alabama State Bar Association (Bankruptcy Commercial Law Section);
- Tennessee State Bar Association (Sections: Bankruptcy Law, Real Estate Law);
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association;
- Turnaround Managers’ Association;
- Risk Managers’ Association
- Represented secured lender in complex Chapter 11 proceeding to recover over $67.0 million in secured debt, litigate lien priority issues and defend debtor and interested-party claims against lender;
- Represented secured lender in Chapter 11 proceeding to recover over $6.0 million secured by properties located throughout Southeastern United States;
- Represented secured lender through workout proceedings and loan restructuring with manufacturing company to recover over $10.0 million line of credit;
- Represented developer in $300 million development of 100 acre mixed use site, including hotel, residential condominium, retail and entertainment uses, and ultimately through sale and disposition of elements of project;
- Represented out-of-state purchaser in acquisition of $220 million multi-property portfolio and subsequent sale of interests to investors;
- Represented out-of-state secured lender in recovery of hotel collateral, including placing hotel into receivership and ultimate disposition of collateral;
- Represented out-of-state secured lender in loan default secured by biodiesel facility, including appointment of receiver, obtaining dismissal of Chapter 11 proceeding and litigation numerous claims brought by mechanics and materialmen.
- Successfully defended $20.0 million secured lender in Section 544 action to declare security interest void.
81 Maynard Cooper Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America
Maynard Cooper Receives High Rankings in Chambers USA 2014
Nine Maynard Cooper Attorneys Named in 2014 Alabama Super Lawyers
Maynard Cooper Attorneys Named to Alabama Super Lawyers’ Top Listings
Maynard Cooper’s Insurance Practice Ranked Among Top Six in U.S. by Fortune 1000 Companies
Seventy-Seven Maynard Cooper & Gale Lawyers Named in the 2014 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
Maynard Cooper & Gale Receives High Rankings in Chambers USA 2013
Ninety-five Maynard Cooper & Gale Lawyers Named in 2013 Alabama Super Lawyers
Seventy-Six Maynard, Cooper & Gale Lawyers Named in the 2013 Edition of the Best Lawyers in America
Maynard, Cooper & Gale Receives High Rankings in Chambers USA 2012
Maynard, Cooper & Gale Huntsville Office Named A Best Place to Work by the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce
Maynard, Cooper & Gale, P.C. Shareholders Edward S. Sledge IV and Kevin C. Gray Selected for Class VIII of the Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum
- Habitat for Humanity of Madison County (Board President '07-'08)
- Huntsville Madison County Library Foundation (Board Chair 2013)