Mergers and Acquisitions Recently Closed
- Represented the owners in the sale of assets by a full service transportation company to a strategic buyer
- Represented the buyer in a beverage distribution acquisition and joint venture arrangement
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of a staffing company
- Represented the owners in the sale of a food products manufacturing enterprise to a publicly traded multinational strategic buyer
- Represented separate family sawmill owners in the sale of their sawmill manufacturing facilities in Georgia and Mississippi to a publicly traded strategic buyer
- Assisted the owner in the sale of its skilled nursing facility to a strategic buyer
- Assisted a communications company in the acquisition of an operating business to expand its geographic footprint
- Assisted the purchaser in the acquisition of an established restaurant
- Assisted the purchasers in the acquisition of a commercial and industrial product distributor
Public Private Partnerships
- Representing the owner in preparing the request for proposal and serving on the contract negotiating team for the development of the Choctaw Point Container Terminal Facility at the Port of Mobile
- Representing the owner in the development of a warehouse terminal at the Port of Mobile; and working on behalf of the owner in multiple capacities in the development of the Foley Beach Express, a limited access highway and toll bridge in South Baldwin County, Alabama, including real estate acquisitions and transfers and financing of the project
- Working as team member in representing public agency in development of toll facility
- Assisting the joint-venture developer team in securing a port terminal concession agreement
Representing small businesses in all stages of development, including entity choice, formation, asset transfers, mergers, acquisitions and other business combinations, as well as day to day corporate, business and contractual issues.
Estate and Business Planning
Serving as trusted advisor to individuals and closely held businesses with respect to estate and business planning matters.
Assisting clients with all types of real estate matters, including leasing, acquisition, disposition and development, as well as financing associated with such transactions; and serving as Alabama counsel and furnishing legal opinions relative to Alabama law with respect to multi-state and multi-county financing packages.
Representing owners, developers, contractors and subcontractors in all stages of construction and project development, including contract disputes and surety claims.