Greg is Chairman of the Firm and a member of Maynard Cooper's Corporate Securities & Tax Practice. He serves as Chair of the Firm's Business Section and Co-Chair of the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice group. He has also served on the firm's Executive Committee for several years.
With over 25 years of experience advising clients through all types of business matters and complex transactions, Greg’s distinguished and steadfast clientele includes privately held and publicly traded companies operating in a vast range of industries and business sectors.
Greg focuses his corporate practice on providing the following areas of service:
- Mergers and Acquisitions - handles a variety of mergers and acquisitions transactions, as well as joint ventures, for both private and public companies
- Private Equity and Venture Capital - regularly represents venture capital and private equity investors, as well as early stage and growth stage companies, in connection with a variety of venture capital, private equity, CAPCO and other similar financing transactions
- Private Investment Fund Formation - assists with the formation of private equity and venture capital funds, hedge funds and fund of funds, real estate investment funds, as well as advises fund managers and investment advisors on all matters relating to the regulation and investment activities thereof
- General Counsel Services - provides ongoing strategic business and legal advice to numerous private and public companies regarding matters of corporate governance, dispute resolution, crisis management, strategic planning and communications, among others
- Securities Offerings - represents both public and private companies in connection with public offerings of debt and equity securities, including numerous public offerings, including IPOs, and private placement transactions from early and growth stage companies
Greg’s success has earned him numerous accolades, among which is his distinguished Band 1 ranking as a Leading Corporate Practitioner by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. He is consistently recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© for Corporate Law, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities Law and Venture Capital Law, as well as being tapped by Best Lawyers® as the "Lawyer of the Year" in 2010 and 2015 for Corporate Governance and Compliance, in 2017 as "Lawyer of the Year" in Securities/Capital Markets Law and again in 2019 in the area of Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law.