Mitesh is a commercial litigator with over a decade of success representing Fortune 500 companies and high net worth individuals in high stakes litigation across the country. Over the years, he has successfully defended insurance companies, energy companies, airlines, manufacturers, physicians and pharmaceutical companies in class actions, wrongful death actions and business disputes. Mitesh has also been engaged as a Deputy Attorney General to represent the State of Alabama in the largest class action filed against the Department of Corrections. He has earned consistent recognition since 2013 in The Best Lawyers in America©, as the youngest lawyer in the firm to receive that recognition, and his skills are also recognized by Benchmark Litigation® and Super Lawyers®.
Some of his career accomplishments include:
- Serves as lead Alabama counsel for a Fortune 250 energy company in mass tort litigation involving 1000 plaintiffs alleging personal injury from exposure to natural gas odorant After years of discovery, Mitesh presented oral argument on summary judgment for five (5) different defendants in the matter and secured a dismissal for each defendant from the trial court.
- A member of the trial team representing a Fortune 50 chemical company against lawsuits filed in Alabama and West Virginia; plaintiffs were thousands of coal miners who alleged respiratory injury from exposure to isocynate-containing products used in the coal mines to prevent roof collapses and improve ventilation; cases were favorably resolved after pre-trial motions and jury selection in Alabama.
- Mitesh served as lead Alabama counsel for a Fortune 50 medical product distributor in a wrongful death action related to medication error; after negotiations with Plaintiffs’ counsel and limited discovery, Mitesh secured a voluntary dismissal and a significant reduction in litigation costs and potential liability exposure.
- Mitesh represented one of the nation's largest airlines in the first “toxic fume“ case filed against a commercial airliner; case involved passengers alleging exposure to tricresyl phosphate during a flight on a commercial aircraft; plaintiffs alleged that TCP was introduced into the cabin from the cabin's bleed air system and exposure has caused respiratory and neurological injuries; case was favorably resolved.
- Mitesh was co-lead counsel for litigation involving a failed acquisition of a mutual fund; after 10 months of litigation, and the deposition of numerous executives and the former CEO, the matter was successfully resolved and the client received a seven-figure settlement.
Along with his active litigation practice, Mitesh currently chairs the Business Advisory Board for Southern Research, a global research and development organization that has led the market in developing drugs for cystic fibrosis and cancer, and is leading the development of engineering solutions used by NASA and the US Military. Mitesh is also the president of the Alabama India Business Partnership (AIBP), an organization that actively works to increase investment between Indian and Alabama based companies.
Mitesh is a member of the Firm’s Board of Directors.