Thursday, November 19, 2020
FIVE EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS JOIN MAYNARD’S LITIGATION AND CORPORATE PRACTICES
Birmingham, AL (November 18, 2020) — Maynard & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to announce that five experienced Associates have joined the Firm adding national experience and depth to the following practices: Securities Litigation; Insurance & Financial Services Litigation; Compliance, Investigations & White Collar Defense; Mergers and Acquisitions; and Emerging Growth Companies.
“The experienced, lateral talent recently joining Maynard is reflective of the Firm’s reputation and growth,” said Jeff Grantham, Managing Shareholder. “This group comes from well-respected firms and brings collective capabilities and skills that will immediately benefit their practice groups and our national client base.”
These talented lawyers include:
- Matthew Bowness joins the Firm’s Securities Litigation Practice. He brings six years of experience as a litigator representing clients in the insurance, energy, and construction industries. He has also helped achieve multiple multimillion-dollar settlements of construction defect claims. Mr. Bowness received his J.D., with high honors, from Emory University School of Law. While in law school, he served as a managing editor of the Emory Law Journal, as well as a Dean’s Teaching Fellow. Prior to law school, he obtained a degree in economics from the University of Alabama.
- Emily Burke joins the Firm’s Insurance and Financial Services Litigation Practice where she focuses her practice on defending clients in a variety of complex litigation matters throughout the U.S. Prior to joining Maynard, Ms. Burke spent two years assisting employers with both state and federal investigations and litigation concerning employment and traditional labor law matters. Burke earned her J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law and holds a B.A. in English and minor in Spanish from the University of Georgia, where she graduated magna cum laude.
- Charles Fleischmann joins Maynard’s Compliance, Investigations & White Collar Defense Practice. He spent six years working in a large firm’s Washington, D.C. office representing clients in government investigations and compliance matters, including enforcement and regulatory proceedings before government agencies. He also assists clients in response to FBI, Department of Justice, and Congressional investigations and subpoenas. In addition, Mr. Fleischmann advises clients in matters regarding data privacy and security, government contracting, campaign finance and compliance, and export controls and sanctions. Mr. Fleischmann earned his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law, and he holds a B.A. from Washington & Lee University.
- Matt Rowley joins Maynard’s Corporate Section where he focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and working with emerging growth companies. He also represents investors in the venture capital and private equity sectors on both the buy- and sell-side of transactions. Prior to joining Maynard, Mr. Rowley spent two years as a Mergers and Acquisitions Associate in the Washington, D.C. office of an international law firm. He also served four years in the United States Air Force as a Command Post Controller including two deployments to Balad, Iraq. He earned his J.D. from the University of Michigan School of Law and a B.S., summa cum laude, from Charleston Southern University.
- Adrienne Wimberly joins Maynard’s Corporate Section and is a member of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Wimberly worked at a global firm in Pittsburgh and a national law firm in Atlanta. She has experience working on both buy and sell-side middle market company transactions, as well as venture capital financing. Ms. Wimberly is a graduate of Emory University School of Law where she earned a J.D., with a Transactional Law and Skills Certificate. She holds a B.A. in Economics and a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Pittsburgh, where she graduated summa cum laude.
These five attorneys join an impressive group of 13 laterals who have joined Maynard’s Nashville, Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Huntsville, and Birmingham offices this year.
Maynard & Gale (Maynard) is a full-service law firm of 300 attorneys across a national footprint. Our entrepreneurial culture inspires collaboration among our attorneys, resulting in comprehensive legal solutions and seamless client experiences. Maynard serves clients across the United States and globally from its offices in Alabama (Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, and Montgomery), California (Los Angeles and San Francisco), Florida (Miami), New York (New York City), Tennessee (Nashville), Texas (Dallas), and Washington, D.C. For more information on the Firm, visit maynardcooper.com.