Wednesday, September 20, 2017
MAYNARD ADDS CORPORATE PARTNER IN ITS SAN FRANCISCO OFFICE
San Francisco, CA. Having added five new private equity-focused attorneys across its offices within the last two weeks, Maynard & Gale is again pleased to announce another new private equity Partner is joining the Firm’s San Francisco office.
Brandon McGathy joins the firm from Ropes & Gray, where for nearly ten years he has represented private equity firms and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buy-outs, public and private mergers and acquisitions, and international joint venture arrangements. He has also worked with public and private buyers and sellers, in transactions ranging from middle market size to upwards of several billion dollars. Brandon’s recent deals have included:
- representation of Genstar Capital in its investment in Alera Group, a new national insurance brokerage and wealth management firm
- representation of GI Partners in its acquisition of Daxko, a provider of SaaS solutions to membership-based health and wellness organizations
- representation of Thoma Bravo in its acquisition of Bomgar, a leader in secure access solutions
- representation of Altamont Capital Partners in its investment in Douglas Products, LLC, a manufacturer and distributer of specialty chemical products for pest management, thermal ﬂuids, and sanitary sewer applications
- representation of Genstar Capital in its acquisition of All Web Leads (AWL), a customer acquisition marketing business focused on the U.S. property and casualty, health, and life insurance markets, and in AWL’s subsequent acquisition of insuranceQuotes.com, the industry’s largest network of national and local insurance agents
- representation of Weston Presidio in the sale of Evenﬂo to Goodbaby International
- representation of TravelClick and Genstar Capital in the sale of TravelClick to Thoma Bravo
- representation of TPG Capital in its acquisition of Eze Castle Software Inc. and RealTick LLC
- representation of Altamont Capital in its acquisitions of Tacala LLC, a franchisee of Taco Bell fast-food restaurants in the Southeastern U.S.
“For nearly twenty-four months we have focused our efforts on hiring the preeminent, young private equity and capital markets attorney in San Francisco, and we have found that person in Brandon. He came highly recommended from our top clients, and he is a key addition to our growing San Francisco office,” stated Drew Kitchen, Managing Partner of the San Francisco office.
The team of over 65 attorneys in Maynard’s Corporate, Securities & Tax Practice has extensive experience representing and advising business clients in all types of corporate issues, from transactional to corporate governance to executive compensation. The Practice has garnered a Band 1 ranking by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The firm’s San Francisco office started three years ago and now consists of over ten lawyers focused on Intellectual Property, Insurance and Financial Services, Capital Markets, and Private Equity.