Tuesday, April 28, 2020
Mental Health And Wellness In The Virtual Workplace
Maynard Shareholder John Holmes served on a panel of presenters in the Employment Law Alliance Webinar “Mental Health and Wellness in the Virtual Workplace”. The webinar provided practical guidance for employers faced with unique challenges related to employee mental well-being due to the pandemic.
- Tips to stay healthy and resilient
- Awareness of common reactions and behaviors
- Employee behavioral warning signs and interventions
- Best practices related to managing remote workers
- Building a communication strategy
- A plan to address and support employee well-being beyond the pandemic
- Legal questions relating to mental health & well-being
John Holmes is Chair of Maynard’s Labor and Employment Practice. He represents management and advises clients in a wide variety of EEO and labor and employment matters, including cases arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 1981, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Act and other analogous state discrimination and tort laws. He represents clients engaged in OFCCP audits and Department of Labor investigations. John has extensive experience in litigating and providing advice relating to the enforceability of employment agreements and non-compete agreements.