Alvin is a Shareholder in Maynard Cooper’s Mobile office and a member of several practice groups including the Economic Development & Incentives, Public Finance, Health Care, and Labor & Employment groups.
His public finance practice includes the representation of Alabama cities, counties, boards of education and utility systems in a variety of financing and bond transactions. He also works with several health care providers in this area.
With the firm’s full-service platform and seamless access to skilled attorneys across all our areas of practice and offices, Alvin is routinely asked to advise and assist the firm’s Governmental and Regulatory Affairs team with representing clients before legislative, regulatory, and governmental bodies, including the U.S. Congress, departments and agencies of the federal government, the Alabama State Legislature and departments and agencies of state and local government.
Prior to joining Maynard Cooper, Alvin worked in both private practice and the corporate sector as a labor and employment lawyer representing management in employment, litigation, labor matters, contract negotiation, contract management, grievance arbitration, mediation, and union avoidance.
Alvin’s success in developing financing and incentives strategies to assist and improve Alabama businesses and governmental entities has earned Alvin recognition by The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Economic Development. Alvin also serves as an Industry-Specific (Ports/Logistics/Supply Chain) member of the Advisory Board of Trustees of the Alabama Center for Real Estate.
“Alvin has a strong background in municipal and public entities . I find him to be very knowledgeable, and willing to be available after hours . I can get to him at any time of day or night. ” – Client Testimonial
- $100,900,000 Capital Outlay School Warrants, Series 2012, issued by the Board of Commissioners of Mobile County
- $3,700,000 Revenue Bond (Franklin Primary Health Center, Inc., Project) issued by the Second Medical Clinic Board of the City of Mobile, Alabama
- $1,297,000 Temporary Water and Sewer Revenue Anticipation Bond (Regions Bank 2012) issued by The Utilities Board of the City of Bayou La Batre
- $25,000,000 General Obligation Taxable Warrant, Series 2012-B, issued by Baldwin County, Alabama
- $500,000 General Obligation Note, Series FY 2012, issued by the City of Satsuma, Alabama
- $9,445,000 Water Revenue Bonds, Series 2012, The Water Works Board of the Town of Calera (Alabama)
- $9,245,000 General Obligation Warrants, Series 2012-B, City of Oxford, Alabama
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Economic Development Law (2018 – Present)
Alvin's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama Center for Real Estate, Industry-Specific (Ports/Logistics/Supply Chain) member of the Advisory Board of Trustees
- Alabama State Bar
- State Bar of Georgia
- National Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Alabama State Port Authority, Board of Directors
- Community Foundation of South Alabama
- Prichard Preparatory School, Board Member
- Red Elephant Club
- Regions Bank, South Alabama Advisory Board of Directors
- UMS Wright Preparatory School, Board of Directors
University of Alabama School of Law (1997, J.D.)
Emory University (2011, M.B.A., Goizueta School of Business)
University of Alabama (1993, B.A., Southeastern Conference’s Academic Honor Roll; Intercollegiate Football)