Amanda practices in the area of family law and divorce. In that capacity, she counsels clients regarding matters such as division of assets, child custody, alimony, support, modification, and related matters. When clients wish to settle their divorce or other family law matter, she will work with clients, opposing counsel, and mediators to work out the best solution possible. When settlement is not possible, she will assist clients at trial and, if necessary, on appeal. She has significant experience litigating major divorce and related matters, and has tried divorce and family law cases before almost all of the judges in Madison County. Amanda has handled many matters in surrounding counties and has briefed and orally argued significant family law issues on appeal to Alabama’s appellate courts.
Amanda’s experience in family law began during law school where she was the Administrative Chair of the Family Law Society. While serving as chair she represented indigent family law clients through the Children’s Rights and Family Law Clinic.
Before coming to Maynard Cooper & Gale, Amanda practiced family law with the law firm of Burgess, Graham & Canupp, P.C. (formerly known as William P. Burgess, Jr., P.C.), for six years. She also served for approximately two years before that as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable James P. Smith, a Madison County Circuit Judge.
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 in Alabama, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (NAFLA)
- Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyers in the State of Alabama for 2016, American Society of Legal Advocates
Amanda's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Secretary/Treasurer of Huntsville Young Lawyers Section (2009)
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Junior League of Huntsville