On March 4, 2021, The Bond Buyer: The Daily Newspaper of Public Finance released the “Southeast Yearend Review” which shows Maynard in the number 1 position serving as Bond Counsel for 2020. Maynard’s Public Finance group served as lead bond counsel in transactions totaling just shy of $3 billion, which...Read More
Ann is a member of the firm’s Public Finance practice.
Her primary focus is representation as bond counsel of cities, counties, boards of education, universities, and 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations in Alabama. Her practice concentrates on advising public and private entities on matters of tax and securities law in connection with the issuance of taxable and tax-exempt bonds, warrants, notes, and other debt instruments.
She received her J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School and holds a B.A. magna cum laude from Davidson College.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Corporate Law, Public Finance Law, Tax Law (2021)
Ann's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Women in Public Finance
- Alabama Leadership Initiative, Class of 2019-2020
- The Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- YWCA of Central Alabama, Junior Board Member
- First Light Women’s Shelter, Young Partners Board Member
- Workshops, Inc., Junior Board Member, 2017 Secretary
State Bar: Alabama