Maynard is pleased to announce that 200 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 11 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 56 of the Firm’s younger attorneys who are recognized...Read More
Ashlee is a Shareholder at Maynard and focuses her practice on defending insurers, third-party administrators, plan administrators, plan sponsors, and employers in a variety of complex group insurance-related matters involving life, health, disability, and accidental death and dismemberment plans and coverages. Ashlee has extensive ERISA litigation experience and is well-versed in preemption, standard of review, scope of discovery, and ERISA remedy issues. Ashlee's practice is also defending insurers in life and disability bad faith matters. She has defended health care and insurance clients in individual and class actions nationwide, and has significant experience coordinating and managing large-scale electronic discovery productions.
In addition to her law practice, Ashlee is a member of Maynard’s Women’s Initiative Committee in which she serves as co-chair of the Women’s Forum, and coordinates internal programming focused on the retention, development, and promotion of the Firm’s female lawyers.
Ashlee received her J.D. cum laude from the University Of Alabama School Of Law and holds a B.A. summa cum laude from Auburn University.
In recognition of her achievements, Ashlee has been listed as Best Lawyer’s “Ones to Watch” in Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2021), Insurance Law (2021), and Mass Tort Litigation/Class Action Defendants (2023). She also has been listed as a Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Employee Benefits since 2021.
- Anderson v. Hartford Life & Accident Ins. Co., 4:19-CV-140-JHM, 2021 WL 5041224 (W.D. Ky. Oct. 29, 2021)
- Hodge v. Guardian Life Ins. Co., 4:20-CV-2088, 2021 WL 5142793 (S.D. Tex. Sept. 10, 2021)
- Crump v. Aetna, No. 1:19-CV-109-SA-DAS, 2020 WL 6265072 (N.D. Miss. Oct. 23, 2020)
- Smith v. Hartford, No. 4:20-CV-00041-CLM, 2020 WL 4815143 (N.D. Ala. Aug. 19, 2020)
- Smith v. Hartford Life & Accident Ins. Co., No. CV 5:19-061-DCR, 2020 WL 4355068 (E.D. Ky. July 29, 2020)
- Crites v. Aetna Life Ins. Co., No. 4:19-CV-00098-KGB, 2020 WL 2616578 (E.D. Ark. May 21, 2020)
- Long v. Aetna Life Ins. Co., 404 F. Supp. 3d 1012, 1021 (N.D. Tex. 2019)
- Ward v. Aetna Life Ins. Co., 1:17-CV-331-LG-RHW, 2018 WL 6706690 (S.D. Miss. Dec. 20, 2018)
- Bales v. Hartford Life & Acc. Ins. Co., 3:15-cv-790-CWR-LRA, 2018 WL 2208151 (S.D. Miss. Jan. 24, 2018)
- Aldridge v. IDS Life Ins. Co., et al., 7:16-CV-00189-LSC, Doc. No. 96 (N.D. Ala. Nov. 9, 2017)
- Turner v. Hartford Life & Accident Ins. Co., 4:15-CV-81-DMB-JMV, 2017 WL 1017656 (N.D. Miss. March 10, 2017)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in Employee Benefits (2021)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Insurance Law (2021-present), Mass Tort Litigation/ Class Actions- Defendants (2023)
Ashlee's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Federal Court Practice Section, and Women’s Section
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Junior Board, Alabama Chapter; Secretary
- Crisis Center Inc. Junior Board; Executive Committee, Finance Chair
- Birmingham Bar Association Scholarship Committee
State Bar: Alabama
Maynard & Gale is pleased to announce that 179 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 17 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 48 of the Firm’s younger attorneys who...Read More
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (January 6, 2021) — Maynard & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to announce the promotion of nine attorneys, effective January 1, 2021: Bo Bledsoe, Ashlee Riopka Elrod, Brandi Maiorino, Virginia McKibbens, Matt Parker, Stephen Rogers, Allie Tucker, and Lindsay Whitworth were promoted as shareholders, and Cindy Mekari Rucker was...Read More