Maynard is pleased to announce that Miya Moore has joined the Firm’s Birmingham office as an Associate in the Labor & Employment and Immigration practice groups. Ms. Moore will assist businesses across a broad range of immigration, labor and employment, and compliance-related matters. With a particular focus in immigration law...Read More
Miya is an Associate in the Firm’s Labor and Employment and Immigration practice groups, assisting businesses across a broad range of immigration, labor and employment, and compliance-related matters.
With a particular focus on immigration matters, Miya advises businesses regarding their immediate and long-term immigration plans and compliance. She also works with professionals and workers with specialized knowledge and skillsets, foreign nationals with exceptional ability, and domestic and international businesses in a variety of employment-related sponsorship cases. Miya has significant experience with nonimmigrant visa petitions (H-1B, TN, E-2, L-1) and employment-based immigrant visa petitions (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3).
Prior to joining Maynard, Miya spent four years with a southeast law firm where she concentrated her practice in the areas of immigration, litigation, and compliance. Miya is distinguished as a Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, and The National Black Lawyers recognized her as a Top 40 Under 40.
Miya earned her J.D. and M.B.A. from Samford University. While at Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law, Miya was a member of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy and Judge James Edwin Horton Inn of Court. Throughout her time at Cumberland, Miya was listed on the Dean’s List, served as a Judge Abraham Caruthers Fellow, and was an active member of the Career Development Advisory Board. She also was awarded as a Scholar of Merit. She earned her undergraduate degree from The University of Alabama where she was the recipient of the Autherine Lucy Foster Scholarship and inducted in the Sigma Alpha Lambda National Leadership and Honors Organization.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America for Litigation-Banking and Finance (2022), Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions-Defendants (2022)
- Super Lawyers “Mid-South Rising Stars” (2021)
- The National Black Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40 (2019)
- Scholars of Merit, Employment Discrimination (2017)
Miya's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Discover Financial Diversity Mentor Program
- Women's Initiative Core Leadership Team Member, City of Birmingham
- “Facing Workplace Violence and Best Practices for Prevention,” Employee Relations Law Journal
- “Post-Emergency: Specifics to Ensure an Effective Emergency Action Plan,” Manufacturing.net
- “Your Checklist for Disaster Preparedness,” IndustryToday
State Bar: Alabama