Today, nationally recognized law firm Maynard & Gale (Maynard) announced a series of moves to expand the Firm’s Florida footprint. Swann Hadley Stump Dietrich & Spears, P.A., an AV-rated, full-service law firm based in Winter Park, Florida, will be merging into Maynard. This union serves as the latest market extension...Read More
Ben’s practice is primarily focused on complex commercial litigation and arbitration related to real property disputes ranging from title claims and partition actions to complex commercial foreclosures and lien disputes. He has handled a wide range of commercial and real estate litigation in state and federal courts, representing a diverse group of clients including financial institutions, brokers, landlords, contractors, and real estate developers. He also represents local government offices in real estate-related litigation involving tax assessments and tax certificate sales..
In addition, Ben has handled a wide range of NASD/FINRA matters.
Prior to joining Maynard, Ben practiced commercial litigation in Naples and Orlando, Florida.
Ben attended the University of South Carolina Honors College where he graduated magna cum laude with a degree in Finance. He then attended the University Of New Mexico School Of Law where he served as Lead Articles Editor of the Natural Resources Journal and received the Dean’s Award.
- Lead effort to work through a large portfolio of troubled commercial loans from the 2008 financial crisis, including filing and prosecuting foreclosures, and managing the application and approval of settlements with the FDIC.
- Successfully defended a county property appraiser’s office from a multi-million dollar claim that it improperly removed the constitutional 10% cap after the property owner transferred the property on a reverse 1031 exchange.
- Successfully defended a county tax collector’s procedures for prohibiting identical simultaneous bids on the same tax certificate.
Benjamin's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Florida Justice Teaching Program
- Orange County Guardian Ad Litem Program
State Bar: Florida
U.S. District Court: Florida (Middle, Southern)