Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that 179 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 17 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 48 of the Firm’s younger attorneys...Read More
Brandt is an Associate practicing in Maynard's Litigation Section where he works with a wide range of clients across many industry sectors.
Prior to joining the Firm, Brandt spent three years in New York with an international law firm where he defended several major U.S. and multinational corporations in antitrust class actions involving price-fixing and bid-rigging claims under the Sherman Act. Brandt’s practice also extended into the sports arena where he garnered experience representing NFL players in several high-profile arbitrations and court proceedings challenging player discipline.
While in New York, Brandt also successfully petitioned for clemency on behalf of two individuals who had their sentences commuted by President Obama.
Brandt received his J.D. from Tulane University Law School and also attended Hong Kong University Law School. He holds a B.A. from the University of California, Santa Barbara, where he was a member of the school’s Division 1 baseball team.
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation: Mr. Hill represented a foreign manufacturer of bearings in defending against a class-action lawsuit accusing automobile part manufacturers of conspiring on prices in violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act.
- Applebaum v. Lyft: Mr. Hill represented ride-share service provider Lyft in a class-action lawsuit involving claims of consumer deception and price inflation due to the company’s toll-charging policies.
- Brady v. NFL (“Deflategate”): Mr. Hill represented New England Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady in arbitration and court proceedings challenging his four-game suspension imposed by the NFL in connection with the so-called “deflategate” scandal.
- Rice v. NFL: Mr. Hill represented former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice in arbitration challenging his suspension by the NFL.
- Peterson v. NFL: Mr. Hill represented NFL running back Adrian Peterson in arbitration and court proceedings challenging his suspension under the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.
- Hardy v. NFL: Mr. Hill represented NFL defensive end Greg Hardy in appealing his ten-game suspension for alleged violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.
- NFLPA v. NFL (Personal Conduct Policy): Mr. Hill represented the NFLPA in a dispute with the NFL over the league’s updated disciplinary regime.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Litigation - Antitrust, Litigation - Banking and Finance, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants (2022)
State Bar: Alabama, New York
U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern)
U.S. Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit