Birmingham, AL. Maynard Cooper & Gale’s ability to make their opponents either stop or change what they are doing resulted in Maynard Cooper being named in BTI Consulting Group's “37 Law Firms Most Feared in Litigation.” BTI conducts national, independent research of leading legal decision makers. Their "Most Feared in...Read More
Braxton is an Associate in Maynard Cooper’s ERISA and Group Insurance Litigation Practice.
Prior to joining Maynard Cooper, Braxton was a trial and appellate lawyer in the private sector for four years and served two years as a Judicial Clerk for U.S. Magistrate Judge John England, III in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
Braxton earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from The University of Alabama Law School, where he was awarded the Order of the Coif distinction. He received his B.A., summa cum laude, from The University of Alabama.
- Davis v. Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company, 980 F.3d 541 (6th Cir. 2020)
- Tucker v. Hartford Life & Accident Ins. Co., No. 5:18-CV-194-TBR-LLK, 2020 WL 3453751 (W.D. Ky. June 24, 2020)
- Young v. Hartford Life & Accident Ins. Co., No. CV 6:19-61-KKC, 2020 WL 996448 (E.D. Ky. Mar. 2, 2020)
- Long v. Aetna Life Ins. Co., 404 F. Supp. 3d 1012, 1021 (N.D. Tex. 2019)
- Griffin v. Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company, 898 F.3d 371 (4th Cir. 2018)
- Howe v. Barr Eng'g Co., No. 17-CV-3019 (JNE/LIB), 2017 WL 7202130, at *9 (D. Minn. Dec. 6, 2017), report and recommendation adopted, No. 17-CV-3019 (JNE/LIB), 2018 WL 647928 (D. Minn. Jan. 31, 2018)
State Bar: Alabama, Mississippi
U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern)
U.S. Supreme Court
Magistrate Judge John England, III
U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, April 2014 - August 2016