Bryan A. Thames is a Shareholder in the Mobile office. Bryan has a wide range of experience, having represented private companies and individuals, as well as public entities, in a variety of settings. He regularly advises business clients in all stages of the business life cycle. This includes entity selection and formation, succession planning and assisting clients in buying and selling business entities and assets. He also regularly advises clients on all types of day to day general business and contract matters, including organizational business transactions, real estate, and construction. Based on his wide range of experience, Bryan is equally comfortable assisting clients with both complex and routine business and contract matters, providing clients with practical and efficient advice. He also serves as a trusted advisor to individual clients with respect to personal and estate planning matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions Recently Closed
- Represented the buyer of stock in a general contractor construction company
- Represented a strategic buyer in the acquisition of assets comprising a commercial laundry operation
- Represented the owner in the sale of a fuel and lubricants distributorship to a private equity buyer
- Represented the owner in the sale of assets comprising a marine liquid asphalt bulk terminal to a strategic buyer
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of an industrial laundry facility, including real estate and fixed assets – which also included a bankruptcy § 363 sale
- Represented the owner in the sale of assets by a multi-brand distributorship of replacement parts for safety and relief valves to a private equity buyer
- Represented the owners in the sale of assets by a full service transportation company to a strategic buyer
- Represented the buyer in a beverage distribution acquisition and joint venture arrangement
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of a staffing company
- Represented the owners in the sale of a food products manufacturing enterprise to a publicly traded multinational strategic buyer
- Represented separate family sawmill owners in the sale of their sawmill manufacturing facilities in Georgia and Mississippi to a publicly traded strategic buyer
- Assisted the owner in the sale of its skilled nursing facility to a strategic buyer
- Assisted a communications company in the acquisition of an operating business to expand its geographic footprint
- Assisted the purchaser in the acquisition of an established restaurant
- Assisted the purchasers in the acquisition of a commercial and industrial product distributor
Public Private Partnerships
- Representing a joint venture development team with respect to the development of a marine “Roll-on, Roll-off” terminal for transportation of vehicles
- Working as a team member representing ALDOT in connection with the I-10 Mobile River Bridge & Bayway Project
- Representing the owner in preparing the request for proposal and serving on the contract negotiating team for the development of the Choctaw Point Container Terminal Facility at the Port of Mobile
- Representing the owner in the development of a warehouse terminal at the Port of Mobile; and working on behalf of the owner in multiple capacities in the development of the Foley Beach Express, a limited access highway and toll bridge in South Baldwin County, Alabama, including real estate acquisitions and transfers and financing of the project
- Working as a team member in representing public agency in development of toll facility
- Assisting the joint-venture developer team in securing a port terminal concession agreement
Representing small businesses in all stages of development, including entity choice, formation, asset transfers, mergers, acquisitions and other business combinations, as well as day to day corporate, business and contractual issues.
Estate and Business Planning
Serving as trusted advisor to individuals and closely held businesses with respect to estate and business planning matters.
Assisting clients with all types of real estate matters, including leasing, acquisition, disposition and development, as well as financing associated with such transactions; and serving as Alabama counsel and furnishing legal opinions relative to Alabama law with respect to multi-state and multi-county financing packages.
Representing owners, developers, contractors and subcontractors in all stages of construction and project development, including contract disputes and surety claims.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law (2020 – present); Corporate Law (2021)
Bryan's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- The Village of Spring Hill, Inc., Board Member and Secretary
- Dauphin Island Sea Lab Foundation, Former Chair and Board Member
- Rotary Club of Mobile – Sunrise, Past President and Board Member