On March 4, 2021, The Bond Buyer: The Daily Newspaper of Public Finance released the “Southeast Yearend Review” which shows Maynard in the number 1 position serving as Bond Counsel for 2020. Maynard’s Public Finance group served as lead bond counsel in transactions totaling just shy of $3 billion, which...Read More
Brad is a Shareholder and member of Maynard's Public Finance Practice Group.
Brad's extensive public finance experience includes serving as bond counsel to numerous cities, counties, colleges, universities, boards of education, hospitals and health care organizations, non-profit (including 501(c)(3)) organizations, utility systems, and other political subdivisions across Alabama in a variety of tax-exempt and taxable financing transactions. His practice also includes the representation of public bodies and private entities with respect to various state and local tax incentives, public/private partnerships, and economic development projects.
In addition, Brad has worked with clients on other types of tax-advantaged financings such as deals eligible for New Markets Tax Credits.
He received his J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Alabama School of Law, and he holds a B.S. cum laude from Birmingham-Southern College.
- Bond Counsel - Industrial Development Board of Rutherford County, Tennessee - $22,000,000 Revenue Bonds (MidT MD, LLC Project), Series 2010-A
- Bond Counsel – Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine - $40,000,000 Revenue Bond (ACOM Project), issued by The Cooperative District of Southeast Alabama
- Bond Counsel - Anniston Regional Medical Center Board - $36,735,000 Promissory Note 2011
- Bond Counsel - The City of Phenix City Public Building Authority - $20,875,000 Revenue Bond (Phenix City Municipal Projects), Series 2011-A
- Bond Counsel - The Special Care Facilities Financing Authority of the City of Birmingham – Baptist Medical Centers - $26,965,000 Revenue Bonds (Baptist Health System, Inc.), Series 2012-A, and $36,408,272 Revenue Bonds (Baptist Health System, Inc.), Series 2012-B
- Bond Counsel - The Special Care Facilities Financing Authority of the City of Pell City - $83,510,000 Revenue Bonds (Noland Health Services, Inc.), Series 2012-A
- Bond Counsel - The Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama - $265,655,000 General Revenue Bonds, The University of Alabama Series 2012-A (Tax-Exempt, Non-AMT), and $20,290,000 General Revenue Bonds, The University of Alabama Series 2012-B (Taxable)
- Bond Counsel - Madison County, Alabama - $1,710,000 General Obligation Warrants, Series 2013-A, and $4,415,000 Water Revenue Warrants, Series 2013-A
- Bond Counsel - The Alabama Capital Region Solid Waste Disposal Authority - $30,610,000 Tax-Exempt Solid Waste Disposal Revenue Bonds (IREP-Montgomery MRF, LLC Project), Series 2013-A, and $575,000 Taxable Solid Waste Disposal Revenue Bonds (IREP-Montgomery MRF, LLC Project), Series 2013-B
- Bond Counsel - The Special Care Facilities Financing Authority of the City of Birmingham – Baptist Medical Centers - $30,000,000 Revenue Bonds (Baptist Health System, Inc.), Series 2013-A
- Bond Counsel – Alabama Public School and College Authority - $80,000,000 Capital Improvement Bonds, Series 2013-C, and $23,985,000 Capital Improvement Pool Bonds, Series 2013-D
- Bond Counsel – Marshall County, Alabama - $4,995,000 State Gasoline Tax Anticipation Warrants (4 Cent Gasoline Tax), Series 2013-A
- Bond Counsel – City of Lincoln, Alabama - $1,230,000 Water and Sewer Revenue Warrants, Series 2013-A, $2,495,000 General Obligation Warrants (Federally Tax-Exempt), Series 2013-A, and $1,970,000 General Obligation Warrants (Federally Taxable), Series 2013-B
- Bond Counsel – City of Moody, Alabama - $8,430,000 General Obligation Warrants, Series 2014-A
- Corporation Counsel - The Westervelt Company - $50,000,000 Gulf Opportunity Zone Revenue Bonds (The Westervelt Company Project), Series 2011, issued by The Industrial Development Board of the City of Aliceville
Brad's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Norton Board of Advisors, Birmingham-Southern College
- Sunrise Rotary Club
State Bar: Alabama