Maynard & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to announce the arrival of five experienced attorneys joining the Firm as Associates in the Real Estate, Public Finance, Cybersecurity & Privacy, and Healthcare practice groups. A. Wade Cornelius, Associate, Real Estate, BirminghamCallie Passwater, Associate, Public Finance, AtlantaThomas Ritter, Associate, Cybersecurity & Privacy, NashvilleMitchell...Read More
Callie is an associate in Maynard’s Public Finance Group with a particular focus in the areas of federal tax and tax credits.
With her background in historic preservation, Callie enjoys working on matters involving historic tax credits as well as with tax exempt organizations. She also assists with projects involving new markets tax credits and opportunity zones. In addition, Callie is well versed in the area of international taxation and how the laws interplay with large businesses and transactions.
Callie received her J.D., cum laude, from Georgia State University College of Law, and she earned her LLM in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center. She holds both a M.A., summa cum laude, and B.A., magna cum laude, in history from Middle Tennessee State University.
- Tennessee Association of Museums Award of Commendation for the exhibit “Legacy of Learning: A History of Central Magnet School’s Campus,” 2016
- Ernest Hooper History Scholarship, 2012
- Expanding the Orbit of Archaeologists Without Borders of the Maya World: Creating a Non-Profit in the United States, Heritage Journal (Upcoming 2022)
- Master’s Thesis, Nashville Copts: Cultural Identity, Community Collaborations, and Cultural Intuitions (2017)
Callie's Speaking Engagements
- (March 2021) “Partnering with U.S. Non- Profits”, Wenner-Gren Symposium
- (2015) “Daily Life in Ancient Egypt Children’s Program”, Scholar’s Week Conference
State Bar: Georgia