Maynard Cooper & Gale, Alabama’s largest law firm, is pleased to welcome five new associates to the Firm’s Birmingham and Huntsville offices. “Maynard Cooper is powered by intelligent, collaborative attorneys who share our core values. We are proud to welcome each of our new associates to the Firm,” said Kirby...Read More
A member of Maynard’s Real Estate Practice Group, Charlie represents buyers, sellers, developers, landlords, and tenants throughout the United States to assist them with their real estate investments and needs. The clients Charlie serves span many industries, with a particular focus on representing businesses operating in the medical, retail, and food and hospitality sectors. He regularly advises and assists clients with their real estate business objectives, whether they entail day to day consulting and management issues or high-stakes investments.
Charlie concentrates a substantial portion of his practice on handling leasing negotiations and transactions, including ground leasing, for multiple clients. His extensive experience and attention to detail allow him to manage numerous ongoing transactions simultaneously. He also works closely with clients who are evaluating or actively pursuing strategic acquisitions, assisting with all matters from due diligence to closing details to ensure successful results.
Recent experience includes:
- Representation of a Fortune 500 publicly traded financial institution in its leasing, disposition, and acquisition of real estate across the Southeast and Midwest, including transactions in Atlanta, Austin, Birmingham, Charleston, Chattanooga, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Little Rock, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, New Orleans, Orlando, St. Louis, and Tampa
- Representation of a growing medical company in its real estate acquisition and property development projects across the Southeast
- Representation of a real estate investment fund in its acquisition and disposition of real estate across the Southeast and Midwest, including transactions in Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Denver, Greenville, Houston, Kansas City, Little Rock, Nashville, Omaha, Orlando, and San Antonio
- Representation of a national financial services institution in its leasing of real estate branch sites, including locations in Florida, Tennessee, and Texas
Charlie received his J.D., cum laude, from The University of Alabama School of Law where he served as Senior Editor of Alabama Law Review and was a member of the Campbell Moot Court Board. He holds a B.A., magna cum laude, from Rhodes College and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. Charlie currently serves as the Vice President of the ALS Association – Alabama Chapter, Junior Board.
- Birmingham Business Journal NextGenBHM: Real Estate
Charlie's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- ALS Association – Alabama Chapter, Junior Board, Vice President
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
State Bar: Alabama