Birmingham, AL. (August 20, 2020) Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that 168 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, a peer-review guide highlighting attorneys with significant achievements in their areas of practice. With 76 practice areas listed...Read More
Charlie is a Shareholder in Maynard Cooper's Corporate, Securities, & Tax Practice Group.
With more than a decade of experience, Charlie is called to guide his clients through their most significant corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, capital investments, and reorganizations. His clients include public and private companies operating across a variety of industries, with a significant concentration of large private strategics, the portfolio companies of private equity funds, and family offices.
Charlie’s skills have been recognized by The M&A Advisor (Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year ($10MM-$50MM)), Best Lawyers® (Ones to Watch), the Birmingham Business Journal (Rising Star Lawyers), and Mid-South Super Lawyers®.
Charlie has represented publicly held and privately held clients on both the buy-side and the sell-side of transactions, including the following:
- Represented EHD Technologies, a provider of quality inspection, talent acquisition, and managed services within the automotive industry, in its sale to PeopleLink (recognized by The M&A Advisor as the Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year ($10MM-50MM) in 2018).
- Represented Computer Programs and Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CPSI) in its $250 Million acquisition of Healthland Holding Inc., a provider of electronic health records (EHR) and clinical information management solutions to hospitals.
- Represented CHS Inc. (NASDAQ: CHSCP, CHSCO, CHSCN, CHSCM, CHSCL) in its acquisition of Patriot Holdings, LLC, a holding company, the principal assets of which included a 125-million-gallon-per-year ethanol production facility and a biodiesel production facility.
- Represented CHS Inc. (NASDAQ: CHSCP, CHSCO, CHSCN, CHSCM, CHSCL) in its acquisition of the assets of PICO Northstar Hallock, LLC, a canola crushing and processing facility.
- Represented Tyco Fire Products LP, an indirect subsidiary of Johnson Controls International PLC (NYSE: JCI), in its sale of a product line to Anvil International.
- Represented Action Resources, Inc., a provider of transportation services of specialty chemicals and hazardous wastes, in its acquisition of Stella Environmental Holdings, Inc., a provider of waste transfer services.
- Represented Emergency CallWorks, Inc., a developer and provider of next-generation 9-1-1 call talking software for public safety, in its sale to Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI).
- Represented a development and property management company in its sale of 16 first-in-class medical facilities to a private equity fund.
- Represented Protective Life Insurance Company, an indirect wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life Holdings, Inc. (TSE: 8750), in its acquisition of VSWC Holding Company, a holding company of market vehicle service contract, GAP coverage, and ancillary automotive maintenance and protection product providers.
- Represented Protective Life Corporation, a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life Holdings, Inc. (TSE: 8750), in its acquisition of the Revolos family of companies, which offers a suite of finance and insurance products serving the automotive, recreational vehicle, and powersports industries.
- Represented the founders of Challenger Industries, Inc., the nation's largest independent manufacturer of artificial grass, in their sale of a controlling interest to TenCate Grass.
- Represented the founder of GeoSurfaces, Inc., a designer and installer of sports surfaces, in his sale of a controlling interest to TenCate Grass.
- Represented Greenscapes Home and Garden Products, Inc., a retailer of lawn and garden products, in its sale to Hanes Companies, Inc., a subsidiary of Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG).
- Represented The Solberg Company, a leading firefighting foam manufacturer, in its sale to Perimeter Solutions.
- Represented an affiliate of McWane, Inc. in its acquisition of Waterman Industries, a leading domestic manufacturer of cast iron and fabricated stainless steel water control gates.
- Represented The Onin Group, a large independently owned staffing company, in its acquisition of Labor Temps and LTI Services.
- Represented The McPherson Companies, Inc., one of the largest private distributors of lubricants in the Southeast, in its acquisition of certain assets from Retif Oil & Fuel, LLC, Salathe Oil Company, and B&M Oil Company.
- Represented Ram Tool Construction Supply Co., a construction supply distributor, in its acquisition of Apache Supply, Inc.
- Represented Ram Tool Construction Supply Co., a construction supply distributor, in its acquisition of Coastal Contractor Supply.
- Represented 3-GIS, LLC, a provider of IT services and software to electric, gas, and water utilities, in its sale to SSP Innovations, a portfolio company of Warren Equity Partners.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in Business & Corporate Law (2017 - present)
- The M&A Advisor Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year ($10MM-$50MM) (2018)
- Birmingham Business Journal's "Rising Star Lawyers" (2017)
Charlie's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Future Leaders Forum (2014)
- Birmingham Venture Club, Board of Directors (2018)
- UT College of Law Alumni Counsel
- Saint Andrew's Society of the Middle South
- Restoration Academy
Charlie's Speaking Engagements
- November 2018: "Start-Up Basics" for UAB Commercialization Accelerator, Birmingham, AL
- April 2018: "Start-Up Basics" for UAB Commercialization Accelerator, Birmingham, AL
- February 2018: "Exit Preparation - Begin with the End in Mind" for Founders Advisors and Merrill Lynch CEO Breakfast Forum, Birmingham, AL
State Bar: Alabama