Chris is a member of Maynard Cooper’s Labor & Employment Practice group where he represents management in a wide variety of labor, EEO and employment matters. His experience includes advising management on union organizing issues, negotiating union contracts and handling labor-management arbitrations. In addition, he has tried over thirty employment discrimination cases to successful jury verdicts and has extensive experience in appellate courts.
A highly skilled and experienced lawyer, Chris has earned the distinguished recognition as a Leading Practitioner in the area of Labor & Employment by Chamber USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business every year since 2004. He is also consistently recognized in Mid-South Super Lawyers and Alabama Super Lawyers.
- Farley v. American Cast Iron Pipe Co. 115 F. 3d 1548 (11th Cir. Ala. 1997) Establishing favorable defenses for employers in sex harassment cases.
- Rowell v. BellSouth Telecommunications Inc. 433 F.3d 794 (11th Cir. Ala. 2005) Establishing favorable standards for evaluating age discrimination, reduction in force case
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Labor & Employment (2004-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Employment Law: Management, Labor Law: Management (2006-present)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Employment & Labor (2016-present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Employment & Labor (2008-2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
Chris’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Alabama State Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association