Chris Harnett, a Shareholder in Maynard Cooper’s office in New York City, focuses his practice on the litigation of intellectual property matters. He has nearly 30 years of experience, successfully trying patent infringement and trade secret cases involving a wide range of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, computer systems, and consumer products.
Chris works closely with clients to develop integrated legal and business-focused strategies that best serve their needs, relying on his strong background in science, legal experience, and expertise to achieve his clients’ objectives.
Chris earned his J.D. at Georgetown University Law Center after the American University awarded him an M.A. in Cellular Biology and Molecular Biology.
- Chambers USA: Leader in the area of Intellectual Property: Patent (2020)
- The Legal 500 US: intellectual property — patent litigation
- IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners (2014-2016)
- The Best Lawyers in America (since 2009)
- Who’s Who Legal (2016)
- New York Super Lawyers (2006-2016)
- Lawdragon 500 “New Stars, New Worlds”
Georgetown University (1990, J.D., cum laude)
American University (1986, M.A. in Cellular Biology and Molecular Biology; Graduate Teaching Fellow, Department of Biological Sciences, 1984-1986)
Binghamton University (SUNY) (1984, B.A. in English and Biology with Distinction)