Maynard Shareholders Joshua Duvall and David Yang co-authored an article published by Law360. In the article “The Path To NDAA Inflation Relief For Defense Contractors,” Joshua and David discuss the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023, specifically Section 822. Section 822 addresses the recent, unprecedented inflationary concerns that...Read More
Dave is a Shareholder in Maynard’s Government Solutions Group. He focuses his practice on the representation of government contractors of all sizes and industries in all aspects of the federal, state, and local procurement cycle. He assists recipients and contractor clients with successfully navigating their way through the myriad of requirements pertaining to grants, cooperative agreements, and other forms of federally-assisted programs.
With over twenty years of substantial experience, Dave has handled bid and size protests in all forums, including before the U.S. Government Accountability Office, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the Small Business Administration. He has successfully defended numerous False Claims Act claims and litigation. In addition, Dave frequently counsels clients and provides compliance assistance with regards to DCAA audits, internal investigations, mandatory disclosures, cost and pricing, supply chain integrity, including domestic sourcing requirements, cybersecurity, data rights and intellectual property. His transactional experience includes representing both buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic transactions.
Prior to joining Maynard, Dave was a partner in the D. C. office of a global law firm and in the Seattle, Washington office of a boutique firm focused almost exclusively in the construction and federal contracts space. He earned his J.D. with High Honors from The George Washington University Law School and received his undergraduate degree from The University of Washington with a B.A. in Business Administration (Accounting).
- Represented major defense contractor in FCA action alleging $9 billion in damages in connection with multiple U.S. Army contracts
- Represented defense contractor in SBA size protest in connection with U.S. SOCOM’s $250 million RAPTOR procurement
- Represented Fortune 100 IT firm in GAO bid protests regarding U.S. Army’s ADMC-2 and ADMC-3 multi-billion-dollar acquisition vehicles
- Represented defense contractor in U.S. Court of Federal Claims bid protest regarding U.S. Army’s Worldwide Logistics Support Services-C multiple award procurement valued at $25.5 billion
- Represented Fortune 100 IT firm in GAO bid protest regrading U.S. Census Bureau’s 2020 Decennial Census (one of the highest profile civilian procurements in 2017)
- Represented Fortune 100 IT firm in GAO and Court of Federal Claims bid protests regarding U.S. Army’s $5 billion ADMC-3 procurement (the Army’s next generation IT acquisition vehicle)
- Represented Fortune 100 IT consulting firm in GAO bid protest regarding U.S. Social Security Administration’s $10 billion ITSSC-2 procurement (SSA’s next generation IT acquisition vehicle)
- Represented one of the largest helicopter companies in the United States in GAO bid protest regarding $1 billion U.S. TRANSCOM contract
- 2015 Law360 Rising Star in the area of Governments Contracts (one of only six lawyers selected for this distinction)
David's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law, Vice Chair of the Commercial Products and Services Committee; Vice Chair of the Accounting, Cost and Pricing Committee
- 2015 Law360 Rising Star
- "President Biden Targets Private Employers and Federal Employees and Contractors in His 'Path Out of The Pandemic'," Pratt's Government Contracting Law Report (November 2021)
- "Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Releases Vaccine Requirements for Federal Contractors," The National Law Review (September 27, 2021)
- "COVID-19: President Biden Targets Private Employers and Federal Employees and Contractors in His 'Path out of the Pandemic'." JDSUPRA.com (September 10, 2021)
- "Feature Comment: Don't Overlook 889(b): The Chinese Telecom Prohibition's Implications For Federal Grant Recipients," The Government Contractor (September 30, 2020)
- "DOD Cybersecurity Rollout May Be Delayed by COVID-1p," Law360.com (May 22, 2020)
State Bar: Virginia, Washington, Washington, D.C.
U.S. District Court: District of Columbia, Washington (Western)
U.S. Court of Appeals: Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Maynard is pleased to announce the addition of Shareholder, David (Dave) Yang to the Firm’s Government Solutions Practice Group. David Yang, Shareholder, Government Solutions, Washington D.C. “We have admired Dave’s work in this specialized area of law and his proven track record over the years,” said Andy Watson, Chair of...Read More