Maynard is pleased to announce that 200 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 11 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 56 of the Firm’s younger attorneys who are recognized...Read More
Evan Parrott is an Associate and member of Maynard’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice Group, working in the Firm’s Mobile office. He focuses his practice on the representation of debtors, creditors, and other interested parties in various matters involving bankruptcy, commercial lending, commercial leasing, reorganization proceedings, and debt restructuring. Evan has represented clients throughout the United States in loan workouts, commercial foreclosures, fraudulent transfer and preference actions, contested bankruptcy matters, Section 363 sales, receiverships, and the exercise of Article 9 remedies. Evan also represents clients in business disputes and commercial litigation in federal and state courts.
Evan is admitted to practice in Alabama and Mississippi, as well as the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. He serves clients with invaluable first-hand experience, having clerked two years for U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Neil P. Olack, Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi. In addition, he completed a one-year clerkship with U.S. Magistrate Judge William E. Cassady, Southern District of Alabama. While in law school, Evan worked as a Research Associate with the National Sea Grant Law Center in Oxford, MS, where he wrote numerous articles on legal issues affecting U.S. oceans and coasts, with special emphasis on the Alabama-Mississippi coastal area.
Evan earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Mississippi School of Law, where he served on the Executive Board of the Mississippi Law Journal. He received his B.A., cum laude, from Spring Hill College, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of The Springhillian, the college’s student newspaper. Evan is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. He also serves as an Adjunct Professor in the Political Science and Law Department at Spring Hill College and coordinates the school’s moot court program.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation - Bankruptcy; Litigation: Intellectual Property (2021-present)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for Bankruptcy: Business (2020-present)
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (NCBJ) Next Generation Program Class of 2022
- Leadership Mobile Class of 2022
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Leadership Class of 2018
Evan's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Alabama Bar Association, Board Member, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mobile Bar Association, Chair, Bankruptcy Section; Member, Federal Civil Practice Section
- Paul W. Brock American Inn of Court
- Senior Bowl Committee
- Spring Hill College, Adjunct Professor in Political Science and Law Department
- Spring Hill College, Coordinator of Moot Court Program
- Lender Seeks Supreme Court’s Ruling on Bankruptcy Trustee’s Ability to Recover Wages Garnished Before Bankruptcy, Alabama Bankers Association Board Briefs (September/October 2017)
Evan's Speaking Engagements
- July 2021: Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting, “Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019 (SBRA)”
- December 2019: The Mobile and Baldwin County Bar Associations Annual Bench and Bar Conference, Moderator of Panel on “Jurisdiction and Venue Strategy”
- December 2018: The Mobile and Baldwin County Bar Associations Annual Bench and Bar Conference, Moderator of Judges’ Panel on “State and Federal Court Motion Practice”
State Bar: Alabama, Mississippi
U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern), Mississippi (Northern, Southern)
U.S. Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
U.S. Magistrate Judge William E. Cassady
Southern District of Alabama, August 2015-2016
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Neil P. Olack
Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, August 2013 - July 2015
Evan N. Parrott To Participate in National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (NCBJ) 2022 Next Generation Program.
Evan N. Parrott will participate in the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (NCBJ) 2022 Next Generation Program. The program hosts 40 up-and-coming bankruptcy practitioners from across the country who have demonstrated legal excellence in the practice of bankruptcy law; displayed a serious commitment to principles of civility, ethics, and professionalism...Read More
Maynard & Gale is pleased to announce that 179 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 17 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 48 of the Firm’s younger attorneys who...Read More