Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to announce that Fournier J. "Boots" Gale, III, former General Counsel, Senior Executive Vice President, and Corporate Secretary with Regions, and Kevin W. Patton, former Senior Vice President and Head of Litigation with Regions Financial Corporation, have rejoined the Firm and will practice...Read More
Fournier J. "Boots" Gale, III is a founding member of the Firm. He previously served as the Firm's Managing Shareholder and Chairman. From 2011 to 2020, Boots was General Counsel, Senior Executive Vice President, and Corporate Secretary at Regions Financial Corporation.
Boots lends his 45+ years of experience to the Firm's litigation and corporate practices. He works alongside members of these groups, providing specialized knowledge and expertise across a full spectrum of practice areas, including the heavily regulated banking and financial industry sector.
Throughout Boots' career, he has made a significant impact on the legal profession. He is a former president of the Alabama State Bar and the Birmingham Bar Association. He was a member of the Alabama Commission on Higher Education for nine years and served as the chairman for three of those years. Nationally, he has served on the American Bar Association's Standing Committee of the Federal Judiciary (Eleventh Circuit) and the Standing Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Boots graduated first in his class at the University of Alabama Law School, where he was editor in chief of the Alabama Law Review. He is also a former president of the University of Alabama Law School Foundation and currently serves as Treasurer for the Law School Board of Governors.
- Alabama Academy of Honor (2008)
- McGill Institute's Hall of Fame (2007)
- Sam Pipes Distinguished Alumnus Award, Alabama Law School (2004)
- Distinguished Practitioner in Residence, Alabama Law School (2004)
- Leadership Alabama (1991)
- Leadership Birmingham (1987)
Boots's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, former member of the Standing Committee of the Federal Judiciary (Eleventh Circuit) and Standing Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Judicature Society, former member of the Board of Directors
- Alabama State Bar, president (2006-2007)
- Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission (former member)
- Birmingham Bar Association, president (1989)
- Southern Research, Board Member (1999 - present)
- University of Alabama's President's Cabinet
- McWane, Inc., Board of Directors
- Cooper/T. Smith Corporation, Board of Directors
- The Cahaba Foundation, Board member
- Blackburn Institute, Board member
- Business Council of Alabama, former General Counsel and Board member (1984 - 2018)
- Associated Industries of Alabama, former General Counsel (1974 - 1984)
- Alabama Commission on Higher Education, former chairman
- Alabama Law School Foundation, former president, trustee, and treasurer
State Bar: Alabama