George is a Shareholder and a senior member of the Antitrust & Trade Regulation and Litigation practices at Maynard Cooper. He is one of the 11 founding members of the firm.
His law career spans more than 40 years during which he has handled a large variety of federal and state antitrust cases, including cases involving Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act, the Clayton Act, and the Robinson-Patman Act, as well as state antitrust claims and business torts. He provides antitrust counseling to businesses in a variety of industries on such issues as pricing, product distribution and relationships with customers and competitors.
Additionally, George has extensive experience in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation involving such areas as dealer terminations, insurance defense, intellectual property, construction of interstate pipelines, consumer fraud, sale of businesses, and industrial espionage.
George’s skills and reputation as a lawyer are widely recognized. He has been consistently named to The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Litigation: Antitrust, and Best Lawyers® selected him as the 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Antitrust Litigation, a distinction given to only one attorney in each geographic region. He is AV-Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
George holds a J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and an A.B. from Princeton University.
George served three years in the United States Navy, including a tour in Vietnam.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Litigation: Antitrust (2004 – present)
- Best Lawyers® 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation: Antitrust
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
George’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Antitrust and Litigation sections
- Alabama State Bar Association, Antitrust and Business Tort section, Chairman (1987-1988)
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Lex Mundi, Board of Directors
- United Way of Central Alabama, Campaign Chairman
- Alabama Advisory Board of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, former member
- State of Alabama Ballet, former chairman
- Princeton University National Alumni Council, former chairman
Honorable Walter P. Gewin
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit