Hansen represents both emerging and established companies and the venture capital firms and growth capital firms that invest in these companies. He provides assistance across the entire corporate life cycle, including formation, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, liquidity transactions and regulatory compliance.
With a particular focus on real estate development and finance, Hansen is experienced in joint ventures and complex layered transactions involving public-private partnerships and alternative financing such as tax credits. In addition, he has counseled broker dealers and startup technology and life sciences companies on over 50 financings, ranging from convertible notes to pre-IPO bridge rounds.
Hansen regularly counsels clients on compliance with state and federal LIHTC laws and regulations, as well as on issues related to the 1933 Act, 1934 Act, Investment Company Act, Investment Advisers Act, FINRA, and the EB-5 Investor Visa Program.
Hansen has a high level of fluency (DELE C2) in written and spoken Spanish and enjoys the opportunity to use this skill in his practice and pro bono work.
- Representation of LIHTC syndicators and developers in over 50 transactions involving the financing of new and rehabilitated affordable housing projects with tax-credit equity
- Assisted real estate developer in the financing of a multifamily and retail development involving four distinct private securities offerings, including offerings made under Regulations S and D with various degrees of EB-5 investor participation
- Counsel to broker-dealers in over 50 separate private equity closings in the biomedical industry
- Representation of investor and landowner in ground-up development of 250-unit multifamily and retail project utilizing HUD 221(d)(4) Funds
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Venture Capital Law (2021)
Hansen's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Birmingham Venture Club
- Blackburn Institute
- Lakeshore Foundation Junior Board
- Southeastern Climbers Coalition