Overview Legislators met for two legislative days – Tuesday and Thursday – during the 11th week of the 2021 Regular Legislative Session. Numerous House and Senate committees held meetings on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, a mark that the session is now in the homestretch. Representatives and Senators dealt with a...Read More
Jason is Of Counsel in Maynard Cooper’s Government and Regulatory Affairs Practice.
Jason brings nearly 20 years of experience working in the governmental affairs sector. Prior to joining Maynard, Jason was Vice President of Legal and Governmental Affairs for the Alabama Bankers Association where he was responsible for developing and implementing the Association’s state and federal legislative and regulatory strategies. He served two years as Chief Counsel to the Office of the Speaker of the Alabama House of Representatives and nine years as a Legislative Fiscal Analyst in the Alabama Legislative Fiscal Office, handling issues related to the Departments of Insurance and Transportation and the education sector.
He holds a B.S. in Business Administration from Faulkner University, a Master of Business Administration from Auburn University Montgomery’s School of Business, and a J.D. from Faulkner University’s Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
Jason's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Agape of Central Alabama Board of Directors, Member (2014-present) and Chairman (2018-2020)
- Alabama Banking School, Graduate (2017) and Director (2018-present)
- Alabama Civil Justice Reform Committee (ACJRC) Board of Directors, Member (2013-present)
- Alabama Council of Association Executives (ACAE) Board of Directors, Member (2016-2019)
- Alabama Fair Ballot Commission, Member (2014-2018) and Vice-Chairman (2018-present)
- Alabama State Bar, Member (2011-present) and Leadership Forum Graduate (Class XIII)
- City of Montgomery Educational Building Authority, Member (2012-present)
- Faulkner University Board of Trustees, Member (2018-present)
State Bar: Alabama