Birmingham, AL (January 12, 2021) — Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to announce that Jason Isbell has joined the Governmental Affairs Practice as Of Counsel in the Firm’s Montgomery, Alabama office. Isbell brings 18 years of experience working in the governmental affairs sector. He spent nine years as...Read More
Jason is Of Counsel in Maynard Cooper’s Government Relations Practice group.
Jason brings nearly 20 years of experience working in the governmental affairs sector. Prior to joining Maynard, Jason was Vice President of Legal and Governmental Affairs for the Alabama Bankers Association where he was responsible for developing and implementing the Association’s state and federal legislative and regulatory strategies. He served two years as Chief Counsel to the Office of the Speaker of the Alabama House of Representatives and nine years as a Legislative Fiscal Analyst in the Alabama Legislative Fiscal Office, handling issues related to the Departments of Insurance and Transportation and the education sector
He holds a B.S. in Business Administration from Faulkner University, a Master of Business Administration from Auburn University Montgomery’s School of Business, and a J.D. from Faulkner University’s Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
Jason's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Agape of Central Alabama Board of Directors, Member (2014-present) and Chairman (2018-2020)
- Alabama Banking School, Graduate (2017) and Director (2018-present)
- Alabama Civil Justice Reform Committee (ACJRC) Board of Directors, Member (2013-present)
- Alabama Council of Association Executives (ACAE) Board of Directors, Member (2016-2019)
- Alabama Fair Ballot Commission, Member (2014-2018) and Vice-Chairman (2018-present)
- Alabama State Bar, Member (2011-present) and Leadership Forum Graduate (Class XIII)
- City of Montgomery Educational Building Authority, Member (2012-present)
- Faulkner University Board of Trustees, Member (2018-present)
State Bar: Alabama