Jennifer Moore is an associate in the Firm’s national recognized Securities and Financial Services Litigation practice group. Jennifer’s litigation experience includes the representation of broker-dealers before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and in state and federal courts across the country against customer-initiated actions. Her practices focuses on the defense of financial institutions in securities claims related to suitability, churning, and other sales practice violations.
Jennifer is recognized by The National Black Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40” for the state of Alabama and holds the Earl H. Davis Advocacy Award, presented the The Olender Foundation in Washington, D.C.
Prior to joining the Firm, Jennifer served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Stephen C. Wallace of the Tenth Judicial Circuit of Alabama, Criminal Division where she drafted legal memoranda in response to post-conviction petitions from inmates in Alabama state prisons. As a Financial Innovation team leader at Regions Financial Corporation, Jennifer managed a team of ten interns tasked with implementing a financial literacy and college preparedness summer initiative for Birmingham City high school students.
Jennifer earned her J.D. cum laude from the Howard University School of Law and her B.A. from Vanderbilt University.
- Top 40 Under 40 - The National Black Lawyers (2020)
- Clark Award - Best Advocate in the Preliminary Rounds, South Texas Mock Trial Challenge (2017)
- Earl H. Davis Advocacy Award presented by The Olender Foundation, Washington DC (2017)
National Trial Competition Regional Semi-Finalist (2016 and 2017)
Jennifer's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Lawyers Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Magic City Bar Association
- Southeastern Women in Financial Services
- National Association of Securities Professionals
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham, Board of Directors
- Impact America, Board of Directors
- Girls, Inc. of Central Alabama, Committee of 25
Jennifer's Speaking Engagements
- “Diversity in Law Practice: Best Practices in Law Firms,” panelist, Alabama State Bar CLE (2/24/22)
- “Inviting Male Colleagues to the Table: The Ally and the Advocate,” moderator and panelist, Southeastern Women in Financial Services Webinar (11/10/20)
State Bar: Alabama
Honorable Stephen C. Wallace
Tenth Judicial Circuit of Alabama, Criminal Division; June - July 2015, June - July 2016
Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce the addition of 15 associates to its ranks. Ten in the group are recent law school graduates from some of the nation’s most prestigious law schools and five are experienced lateral additions. This newest group of attorneys reinforces the depth of services...Read More