Jenny is a Shareholder and Co-Chair of Maynard Cooper’s Banking Practice.
Jenny provides specialized regulatory and general corporate advice to financial institutions of all sizes, including public and private banks, thrifts, insurance companies (and each of their holding companies) and other non-depository financial institutions.
She regularly represents financial institutions before state and federal regulators amd counsels troubled institutions. Her experience includes a broad range of regulatory matters including financial company acquisitions, interstate expansions, bank charters, holding company applications, mergers, affiliate transactions and other regulatory matters associated with the financial services industry. Jenny reviews pending state and federal legislation and advises clients about the potential effects of changes to banking, insurance and other financial services laws and regulations. She is a regular speaker to banking and financial services associations on a variety of subjects, including the Dodd-Frank Act.
Jenny’s experience includes structured finance and the representation of issuers in securitizations and re-securitizations. She is also experienced in the secondary mortgage market on both the investor and seller sides.
Her talents and skills in the banking field have earned her numerous accolades, including the esteemed recognition as a Leading Practitioner in the area of Banking and Finance: Mainly Regulatory by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
Jenny goes above and beyond and she shows she knows her stuff. She is the best in the state, and maybe the southeast, on banking matters. She has pulled a rabbit out of the hat on multiple occasions. I totally trust her judgment, and she always brings int he right experts at the firm for various matters. –Client Testimonial
Jenny is a professional in every sense of the word. She is knowledgeable, resourceful, thorough and very much a strategic partner for us. She has a team of attorneys that she can draw on within the firm to helpuson most any business matter. I think Jenny’s strengths are her knowledge and experience in the banking industry. Add to that a significant networks of clients, and she is easily among the top banking attorneys in the South. –Client Testimonial
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner for Banking & Finance: Mainly Regulatory (2015-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Banking and Finance Law (2011-present); Financial Services Regulation Law (2011-present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Banking
- Birmingham Magazine’s “Top Banking Lawyer”
- Birmingham Magazine “Top Attorneys” (2013)
- Birmingham Business Journal’s “Top Ten Women in Business” (2010)
- Presidential Leadership Scholars 2015 Inaugural Class
- Alabama Leadership Project (2015)
- MOMENTUM, 2011-2012 Class
Jenny’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Bankers Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Alabama Bankers Association
- Financial Services Roundtable
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association of Alabama
- American Bar Association, Banking Committee and Securitizations and Structured Finance Committee
- Women in Housing & Finance – D.C.
- Birmingham Museum of Art, Board Member
- Alabama Symphony Orchestra, Board Member
- Children’s Aid Society
- Montgomery Christian School
- Downtown Kiwanis Club
- Alys Stephens Center
- Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham – Smart Party Honoree 2016
- Junior League of Birmingham Community of Lights 2018 Torchbearer
Jenny’s Speaking Engagements
CLE Alabama Seminar “Banking Law Update”
Friday, February 9, 2018
Jenny served as a featured speaker during the session titled “Practical Pointers for Common, Day-to-Day Regulatory Questions”
Alabama Bankers Association 2017 CEO/Directors Conference
August 3-6, 2017
Jenny was a featured speaker: “Current Trends in Mergers and Acquisitions”
CLE Alabama Seminar “Banking Law Update”
Friday, February 10, 2017
During this day-long seminar, Jenny was a featured speaker during the “Preparing for Mergers and Acquisitions” session.
Alabama Bankers Association 2016 CEO Directors Conference
Friday, August 12, 2016
Jenny served as a panelist and outlined recent changes in the Federal Reserve’s requirements for change in control determinations.