John Hintz is a Shareholder in Maynard Cooper’s New York office and a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation and Intellectual Property Protection practice groups. He has more than 30 years of experience handling intellectual property matters, and in particular, patent litigation. John has worked on all aspects of patent disputes and has litigated in federal courts throughout the country, at the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and at the International Trade Commission.
John also has significant transactional, licensing, and counseling experience, including advising clients on the IP aspects of IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, and the transfer and licensing of IP assets. His clients span a broad range of industries covering diverse technologies, including search engines, financial services, semiconductors, barcode scanning, Internet-related businesses and technologies, telecommunications, LED and other lighting devices, computer simulations, commodity chemicals, polymers, process control instruments, medical devices, and life sciences.
John served as Samsung’s expert witness on U.S. law related to patents and patent licensing in disputes between Samsung and Apple in the Netherlands, France, Italy, Japan and Australia.
John began his IP career and became a partner at the preeminent IP litigation law firm Fish & Neave.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Litigation: Patent (2013-present)
- Best Lawyers® 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” for Patent Litigation
- New York Super Lawyers for Intellectual Property Litigation (2006-present)
- IAM Patent 1000, The World’s Leading Practitioners, 2014-present
- Who’s Who in Legal for Patents, 2014-present
- AV Preeminent® rating in Martindale-Hubbell