Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that 179 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 17 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 48 of the Firm’s younger attorneys...Read More
Josh represents clients in complex commercial litigation involving a wide variety of matters, including insurance coverage, business torts, real estate title litigation, banking, and mass and class actions. His primary focuses are insurance coverage and real estate-title litigation. He has litigated a broad array of cases in state and federal courts across Alabama and the Southeast and represented insurers’ coverage positions throughout the United States.
- Regularly represents insurers in a wide variety of insurance coverage disputes arising under various coverage lines, including directors and officers and other professional liability, commercial general liability, umbrella and excess, cyber liability, commercial property, equipment breakdown, auto, and homeowners.
- Handles routine and complex coverage matters, including first-party, liability, and bad faith or extra-contractual litigation.
- Regularly serves as monitoring counsel in connection with large, complex insurance coverage claims.
- Regularly represents title insurers and insureds in a wide variety of real estate title litigation, including disputes regarding lien validity and priority, restrictive covenants, reformation, defalcation, and coverage.
- Represents clients in class action lawsuits involving the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Represents clients in commercial litigation involving a wide variety of other commercial matters, such as banking disputes and mass and class actions.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Commercial Litigation (2021-present)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Star" for Insurance Coverage (2016 - present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers "Rising Star" for Insurance Coverage/Business Litigation (2013 - 2015)
Josh's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
State Bar: Alabama, North Carolina, Texas
U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern), North Carolina (Eastern, Middle, Western), Texas (Eastern, Northern, Southern, Western)
U.S. Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit