Joshua Duvall is a Shareholder in the Washington, D.C. office of Maynard Cooper’s Government Solutions Practice Group.
Josh is frequently called upon by government contracting executives and industry leaders to navigate their most pressing problems and business opportunities, drawing on his broad experience in the complex world of doing business with the federal government, including protests, litigation, compliance, cybersecurity, transactions, and even small business matters.
Josh regularly counsels and represents civilian and defense contractors in bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and federal agencies; protests and appeals before the U.S. Small Business Administration (size, status, NAICS); teaming, joint venture, and subcontract agreements; claims and disputes; regulatory matters (FAR, DFARS, and other agency supplements); cybersecurity (insurance, CMMC, NIST SP 800-171); GSA schedule issues; and other complex matters with a nexus to federal procurement.
Prior to joining Maynard Cooper, Josh founded and managed a boutique government contracts law firm in Washington, D.C., where he counseled and represented small – 8(a), WOSB/EDWOSB, HUBZone, SDVOSB – and mid-size contractors in a variety of government contracting, business, and cybersecurity matters.
Josh received his J.D. from The George Washington University Law School, where he was a member of The Federal Circuit Bar Journal and fellow at the Competition Law Center.
Josh is Vice-Chair of the Bid Protest and Membership Committees for the ABA Section of Public Contract Law, is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and is a frequent presenter and author on government contracts and cybersecurity issues.
To stay current with the latest news, insights, and legal analysis in the government contracting space, visit Josh's blog, www.GovConJudicata.com.
Josh lives in Maryland with his wife, Shaina, and their daughter, Hannah.
Joshua's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Vice-Chair, Bid Protest Committee, American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- Vice-Chair, Membership Committee, American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- Member, AFCEA Small Business Committee
- Member, International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)²
- Member, National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
- Member, GovCon Club
- Founding Member, Leadership GovCon
Joshua's Speaking Engagements
- “Debriefings, Bid Protests, and Small Business Regulatory Update” – AFCEA Small Business Committee Webinar
- “CMMC Legal Landscape” – CMMC Information Institute, Virtual Panel
- “Bid Protests” – Jennifer Schaus & Associates, GovCon “LIVE” Q&A Café, Virtual Panel
- “DFARS Part 202 – Definitions of Words and Terms” – J. Schaus & Associates, 2021 DFARS Webinar Series
- “A Conversation: NIST SP 800-171 DoD Assessments and CMMC” – Blue Ridge GovCon Best Practices Series, Virtual Panel
- “Government Contracting Law: Your Questions Answered” – AFCEA Small Business Webinar Series, Webinar
- “CMMC Panel Discussion” – NVSBC Central Florida Chapter, Virtual Panel
- “Basic Training: Small Business Legal and Regulatory Issues” – National Veteran Small Business Coalition V-VETS'20, Webinar
- “Getting the Most Out of FAR Part 15 Debriefings” – 2020 HUBZone Small Business Week, Webinar
- “GAO Bid Protests Explored!” – Glenn Robinson & Blue Ridge Information Systems, GovCon Best Practices Series, Webinar
- “FAR Part 7 – Acquisition Planning” – J. Schaus & Associates, 2020 FAR Webinar Series
- “Government Contracts Bid Protests in 2019: Latest Trends, Developments, and Issues Explored!” – The Knowledge Group, Webinar/Course (CLE credits available)
- “Debriefings and Bid Protests” – 2019 National HUBZone Conference, Chantilly, VA
- “Pitfalls and Perils of Compliance” – Florida 8(a) Alliance's 2019 Federal Contracting Conference, Orlando, FL
- “Legal Challenges in Cybersecurity: Data Breaches, Security Assessments, and Cyber Insurance Coverage” – (ISC)² Miami Chapter, Miami, FL
- “Effective Strategies for Government Contract Debriefings and Bid Protests” – NCMA Mid-Florida Chapter, Orlando, FL
- “Small Business Primer: Government Contract Debriefings and Bid Protests” – Florida 8(a) Alliance, Webinar"
- "Data Breaches and Crisis Management Planning” – Compliance Week 2018, Washington, DC
- “Product Security and Compliance Risks with Emerging Technologies” – Compliance Week 2018, Washington, DC
- “Mentor-Protégé, Joint Venture, and Teaming Agreements” – NVSBC South Florida Chapter, Doral, FL
- “Best Practices for Debriefings and Protests” – Florida PTAC at UCF, Orlando, FL
- “Engagement in Defense Innovation and Technologies” – TiECon Florida, Tampa, FL
- “Contracts 101: The Basics” – In The Trenches MBA Summit, Webinar
- “GAO Bid Protests: Small Business Primer” – Federal Publications Seminars, Webinar
State Bar: Florida, Maryland, District of Columbia
U.S. District Court: Florida (Southern)
U.S. Court of Appeals: Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims