Katherine is a member of Maynard Cooper’s Corporate Securities & Tax Practice Group. She has experience representing buyers and sellers in various types of acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances. She frequently advises clients on tax-related issues, entity formation and other start-up matters, business succession planning, strategic investments, and general corporate governance concerns.
Katherine’s legal experience further includes representing contractors in navigating the complex regulatory requirements applied to government contractors in the context of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, commercial contracts, and drafting and negotiating various other corporate contracts.
Katie's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama Bar Association, Tax Section
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- Member, Events and Recruitment Chair, Financial and Estate Planning Council of Huntsville (2017-present)
- Member, Huntsville Hospital Foundation Development Council (2016- present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Alabama (2016-2017)
- Member, Board of Directors, Nexus Energy Center (2016-2017)
- Member, Young Professionals Board, Boys and Girls Club of North Alabama (2016-2017)
- Member, Women’s Economic Development Council
- Chair, Women’s Economic Development Council, Milestones (2017-Present)
- Member, Huntsville Connect Class 19 (2016)
University of Alabama School of Law (2015, LL.M. (Taxation), magna cum laude, Federal Tax Clinic Robert C. Tanner Scholarship)
University of California – Davis (2011, B.A.)