Katie is a member of Maynard Cooper’s Corporate Securities & Tax Practice Group. She advises government contractors with respect to their highly-regulated industry focusing on areas including corporate structure, controls, regulatory compliance, contracts, transactions, tax, and other business matters.
Katie represents and counsels contractors on all aspects of federal procurement law, including bid protests, prime-sub contractor concerns and disputes, regulatory compliance matters, government investigations, contract terminations, teaming agreements, small business issues, and various other transactional matters specific to government contractors.
Katie assists contractors in navigating the complex regulatory requirements applied to government contractors in the context of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, commercial contracts, and drafting and negotiating various other corporate contracts. She frequently advises clients on tax-related issues, entity formation and other start-up matters, business succession planning, strategic investments, and general corporate governance concerns.
Katie’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Alabama Bar Association, Tax Section
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- Member, Events and Recruitment Chair, Financial and Estate Planning Council of Huntsville (2017-present)
- Member, Huntsville Hospital Foundation Development Council (2016- present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Alabama (2016-2017)
- Member, Board of Directors, Nexus Energy Center (2016-2017)
- Member, Young Professionals Board, Boys and Girls Club of North Alabama (2016-2017)
- Member, Women’s Economic Development Council
- Chair, Women’s Economic Development Council, Milestones (2017-Present)
- Member, Huntsville Connect Class 19 (2016)