Leslie is a Shareholder and member of the Public Finance, Real Estate, Commercial Lending, Banking, and Economic Development and Incentives practice groups at Maynard Cooper.
The focus of Leslie’s practice is advising and assisting lenders across a broad array of transactions including real estate acquisition, participation loans, development and construction loans, asset-based lines of credit, floor plan financing, and government contract financing. Her talents and skills in this area have earned her recognition by The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Commercial Finance Law.
Frequently, Leslie is engaged by private users to represent them in the acquisition, construction, leasing, financing, and development of commercial office, retail, manufacturing, warehouse, and industrial properties. She has successfully represented dozens of large engineering and defense companies and manufacturers in securing ad valorem and sales and use tax abatements and other incentives for their projects.
Leslie earned her J.D. from Cumberland School of Law, and she holds a B.S. from Vanderbilt University.
“Leslie is very smart and one of the most thorough lawyers…organizes the whole process and never gets rattled…pays great attention to detail, and it is all delivered with a good personality. On the business side, you need someone with the right bedside manner and the right style.” – Client Testimonial
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Commercial Finance Law (2018-present)
Leslie's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- The Risk Management Association, Member
- National Children’s Advocacy Center, Board of Directors, 2003-2009
- United Way of Madison County, Board of Directors, 2009-2015
- Heart of the Valley YMCA, Board of Directors
Honorable Sue Bell Cobb
Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals from 1997-1998