Maggie is a Shareholder in Maynard Cooper’s Corporate, Securities & Tax Section and a member of the firm’s Securities Regulation and Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance and Compliance, and Mergers and Acquisitions practice groups.
She represents both private and publicly held companies in securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions, and counsels public companies on a broad range of governance matters.
Maggie regularly assists publicly held companies with insider ownership reporting and annual, quarterly and current reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. She also counsels both new and established public companies regarding their public reporting obligations and other issues related to their public company status, including compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and NYSE and NASDAQ listing standards.
In addition to her practice in the securities and corporate governance arenas, Maggie’s experience also extends to the representation of private equity funds, venture capital funds and corporate investors in mergers and acquisitions and various financing transactions.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed healthcare company in its $2.3 billion acquisition by a leading national health services company
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed healthcare company in two underwritten secondary offerings of over $400 million in common stock
- Represented a NYSE-listed healthcare company in an A/B exchange offer of an aggregate of $700 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed healthcare company in a Rule 144A offering of $250 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes
- Represented a registered bank holding company in its underwritten initial public offering of common stock and listing on the Nasdaq Global Select Market
- Represented a NYSE-listed insurance holding company in underwritten public offerings of $125 million aggregate principal amount of junior subordinated debentures and $300 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Securities/Capital Markets Law (2020)
- Birmingham Business Journal‘s “Rising Stars in Law” (2018)
Maggie's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum (2017)
- Birmingham Bar Association, Future Leaders Forum (2013)
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama, Junior Board Chair (2016-2017), Junior Board Co-Chair (2013-2015)
- Birmingham MS Leadership Class (2015)
Vanderbilt University Law School (2009, J.D., Law and Business Certificate; Vanderbilt Law Review, Managing Editor)
College of William & Mary (2006, B.A., cum laude; James Monroe Scholar)