On September 22, 2020, President Donald Trump issued an Executive Order on Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping. In the near term, this order requires government contractors to review their diversity, equal opportunity, and sexual harassment training. New Mandatory Contracting Clause Of particular relevance to contractors, the order requires the following...Read More
Mike is Of Counsel and a member of the Firm's Government Solutions team.
His practice focuses on commercial litigation with experience in federal procurement and service contracts, construction contracts, and employment litigation. Mike has been recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star."
Mike graduated summa cum laude from The University of Alabama School of Law where he was Acquisitions Editor and Managing Board Member for the Alabama Law Review. He received his B.A. in Economics from The University of Oklahoma.
- Tolliver Grp., Inc. v. United States, 146 Fed. Cl. 475 (2020). After a contractor successfully defended a False Claims Act case, the government rejected its claim for 80% of its attorneys’ fees under FAR 31.205-47, citing the firm-fixed-price nature of the contract. The Court of Federal Claims held that the contractor was entitled to an equitable adjustment because the government’s failure to provide information was the proximate cause of the FCA suit.
- Harmonia Holdings Group, LLC, B-417475.3 et al. (Comp. Gen. Sept. 23, 2019). In a bid protest, GAO sustained nine of ten protest grounds and recommended reevaluation and new award decision
- Team Systems Int’l, LLC v. AQuate Corp., 682 F. App’x 820 (11th Cir. 2017). Obtained an affirmation of district court’s limitation of damages based on plaintiff’s failure to mitigate
- DeVillo v. Vision Centric, Inc., No. 5:15-cv-2211-AKK, 2017 WL 3425464 (N.D. Ala.). Obtained summary judgment against whistleblower plaintiff on an issue of first impression in the 11th Circuit
- International Auto Logisitics, LLC. v. Vehicle Processing Center of Fayeteville, Inc. _ F. App’x _ (11th Cir. 2018).
- Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Star" for Government Contracts, Employment & Labor, Business Litigation, Appellate (2017-Present)
Mike's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Leadership Huntsville Connect Class (2017)
State Bar: Alabama
U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern), Tennessee (Middle, Western)
U.S. Court of Appeals: Sixth Circuit, Eleventh Circuit, Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims