Mike is an Associate and member of the firm’s Government Solutions team.
His practice focuses on commercial litigation with experience in federal procurement and service contracts, construction contracts, and employment litigation. Mike has been recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star.”
Mike graduated summa cum laude from The University of Alabama School of Law where he was Acquisitions Editor and Managing Board Member for the Alabama Law Review. He received his B.A. in Economics from The University of Oklahoma.
- Tolliver Group, Inc. v. United States, ___ Fed. Cl. ___, No. 17-1763C, 2020 WL 360464 (Jan. 22, 2020). In a Contract Disputes Act claim, the United States Court of Federal Claims awarded contractor 80% of its costs for successfully defending against a False Claims Act suit. As an issue of first impression, the Claims Court held that the contractor was entitled to its costs of defense as an equitable adjustment on a firm-fixed-price contract.
- Harmonia Holdings Group, LLC, B-417475.3 et al. (Comp. Gen. Sept. 23, 2019). In a bid protest, GAO sustained nine of ten protest grounds and recommended reevaluation and new award decision
- Team Systems Int’l, LLC v. AQuate Corp., 682 F. App’x 820 (11th Cir. 2017). Obtained an affirmation of district court’s limitation of damages based on plaintiff’s failure to mitigate
- DeVillo v. Vision Centric, Inc., No. 5:15-cv-2211-AKK, 2017 WL 3425464 (N.D. Ala.). Obtained summary judgment against whistleblower plaintiff on an issue of first impression in the 11th Circuit
- International Auto Logisitics, LLC. v. Vehicle Processing Center of Fayeteville, Inc. _ F. App’x _ (11th Cir. 2018).
- Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for Government Contracts, Employment & Labor, Business Litigation, Appellate (2017-Present)
Mike's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Leadership Huntsville Connect Class (2017)
Honorable S. Thomas Anderson
U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee (August 2012-August 2013)