Michal is an Associate in the Firm’s Litigation Section and a member of the Cybersecurity Practice Group.
Prior to joining Maynard Cooper, Michal served as a law clerk for the Honorable Judge Abdul K. Kallon in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama. During that time, she conducted extensive legal research and writing in matters across the legal spectrum. Michal also worked at a regional firm where she assisted with the preparation of motions, pleadings and other related documents.
Michal received her J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law where she served as the Executive Articles Editor for the Journal of Law and Social Policy. She earned her M.A. in Political Science from Northwestern University and her B.A. in Spanish and Political Science from Williams College. Additionally, Michal is fluent in both French and Spanish.
Michal's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Regulation and Compliance Committee of CAIA
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
Michal's Speaking Engagements
- July 18, 2019, “Online Privacy: Who’s Monitoring You and How?,” Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting (Point Clear, AL)
- April 25, 2019: “California Consumer Privacy Act Practice Tips” at IAPP KnowledgeNet (Birmingham, AL)
Northwestern University School of Law (2014, J.D., Journal of Law and Social Policy Executive Articles Editor)
Williams College (2008, B.A., Spanish and Political Science)
Judge Abdul K. Kallon
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, 2015-2017