Maynard is pleased to announce that forty-three lawyers and twelve areas of practice are recognized by Chambers and Partners in its Chambers USA Guide 2022, the world’s leading provider of law firm research and analytics. Maynard is ranked as a leading firm in the following areas of practice: Alabama Banking...Read More
Randall’s 30+ years of experience practicing law has enabled him to understand the legal issues involved in many types of complex commercial transactions and his client’s tactical and strategic objectives in such transactions.
His lending practice encompasses the representation of lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured transactions, asset-based lending financings, bi-lateral and syndicated transaction, structured financings, construction loans, real estate financings, subordinated financings, and multi-state transactions. His real estate practice includes the representation of purchasers and sellers in real estate acquisitions, developments, ground lease transaction, condominium creation, and leasing matters in numerous industries, including healthcare and hospitality.
Randall's talents have earned him recognition by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading Banking & Finance practitioner for more than a decade.
"He has deep experience and knowledge, particularly in complex matters. He is a valued adviser."
"He is well versed in his field and responds quickly to any queries."
"Randall is a strong lawyer who pays good attention to detail and knows everything there is to know about finance. "
- Represented the developer in the acquisition, development, leasing and financing of over 2,000,000 square feet of medical office building space in various transactions.
- Represented the lender in a complex financing of a national broadcasting media company involving multiple credit facilities and preferred stock (totaling over $2 billion) and real estate collateral consisting of media properties located throughout the United States.
- Represented the lender in a complex financing of a national newspaper company involving multiple credit facilities and preferred stock (totaling over $1.8 billion) and real estate collateral consisting of newspaper properties located throughout the United States.
- Represented the lender in a complex financing of a resort developer involving multiple credit facilities and preferred stock (totaling over $750 million) and real estate collateral consisting of resort properties located in Alabama.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition and financing of 46 franchised fast food restaurants.
- Represented the agent bank in multi-lender syndicated $100 million credit facility for a public company.
- Represented the developer in the development of a golf course resort and residential planned unit development in Alabama.
- Represented the developer in the acquisition, ground leasing, development and franchising of several hotel convention center complexes.
- Represented client in connection with the acquisition, development, financing and conveyance of numerous US Department of Veterans Affairs’ community based outpatient clinics.
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Banking & Finance (2006-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, and Real Estate Law (2007-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America ® "Lawyer of the Year" Award (Birmingham,) for Commercial Finance Law (2021 and 2018) and Commercial Transactions/UCC Law (2020);
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Banking (2016-present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Banking and Real Estate (2008-2015)
- Birmingham Magazine's "Top Attorneys" for Franchise Law (2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
Randall's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section; Real Property, Probate and Trust Section)
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Alabama Law Institute's Standby Real Estate Committee
State Bar: Alabama
Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that 179 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 17 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 48 of the Firm’s younger attorneys...Read More
Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to announce that thirteen areas of practice and 47 lawyers received high rankings in the 2021 editions of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Chambers High Net Worth: the World's Leading Private Wealth Advisors.* Maynard is ranked as a leading firm...Read More