Randall is a Shareholder and member of Maynard Cooper’s Banking & Finance Practice and Real Estate Practice groups.
His commercial lending practice focuses on all aspects of the representation of lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured transactions, structured financing transactions and multi-state transactions. Randall concentrates his real estate practice on the representation of sellers and purchasers in real estate acquisitions, developments, financings and leasing matters.
Randall’s talents have earned him recognition by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading Banking & Finance practitioner consistently for the last ten years.
“Randall is a strong lawyer who pays good attention to detail and knows everything there is to know about finance. ” – Client Testimonial
- Represented the developer in the acquisition, development, leasing and financing of over 2,000,000 square feet of medical office building space in various transactions.
- Represented the lender in a complex financing of a national broadcasting media company involving multiple credit facilities and preferred stock (totaling over $2 billion) and real estate collateral consisting of media properties located throughout the United States.
- Represented the lender in a complex financing of a national newspaper company involving multiple credit facilities and preferred stock (totaling over $1.8 billion) and real estate collateral consisting of newspaper properties located throughout the United States.
- Represented the lender in a complex financing of a resort developer involving multiple credit facilities and preferred stock (totaling over $750 million) and real estate collateral consisting of resort properties located in Alabama.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition and financing of 46 franchised fast food restaurants.
- Represented the agent bank in multi-lender syndicated $100 million credit facility for a public company.
- Represented the developer in the development of a golf course resort and residential planned unit development in Alabama.
- Represented the developer in the acquisition, ground leasing, development and franchising of several hotel convention center complexes.
- Represented the developer in its assemblage, acquisition, development and non-recourse tiered financing of a yacht club and marina in Key West, Florida, with a projected cost of approximately $200,000,000.
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Banking & Finance (2006-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, and Real Estate Law (2007-present)
- Best Lawyers® 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” for Commercial Finance Law
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Banking (2016-present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Banking and Real Estate (2008-2015)
- Birmingham Magazine‘s “Top Attorneys” for Franchise Law (2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
Randall's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section; Real Property, Probate and Trust Section)
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Alabama Law Institute’s Standby Real Estate Committee