The members of Maynard Cooper’s Public Company Advisory Group counsel public companies, as well as companies aiming to become public, on the full range of matters shaping their operation in the public markets. As a continued service to our clients, we provide a quarterly summary of important developments affecting public...Read More
Bob is Of Counsel in Maynard Cooper's Corporate, Securities and Tax Group and a member of the Public Company Advisory practice.
A seasoned securities attorney, Bob brings to the firm over 20 years of experience handling securities and transactional matters for both public and private companies. Bob is also a Certified Public Accountant, with experience as a financial analyst, corporate controller, and in “Big 4” public accounting. Bob serves on the Board of Advisors of CorporateCounsel.net and frequently speaks on securities and corporate governance matters.
As a member of the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group, Bob advises clients and their senior leadership and board members on corporate governance issues and Securities and Exchange Commission compliance issues. His practice focuses on several industries: financial institutions, internet services, software companies, REITs, wireless telecommunications, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, logistics and transportation, and professional services.
Bob comes to Maynard Cooper from the Atlanta based Arnall Golden Gregory LLP firm, where his practice focused on securities and transactional matters including public and private securities offerings, 1934 Securities Act periodic reporting compliance, NYSE and Nasdaq listing standards, corporate governance, private equity financing, and mergers and acquisitions. During his tenure with Arnall Golden, Bob assisted public company clients with numerous sophisticated securities transactions including IPOs, going-private transactions, tender offers, and merger-related stock offerings. He has extensive experience working with banks, having worked in banking at First American Bank of Georgia and Wachovia from 1982-1991 before becoming a lawyer. Bob’s securities experience includes assisting public and private companies with securities advice, compliance under the 1993 Act and 1934 Act (including public disclosures), and structuring capital raises. Further, Bob has experience with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and finance work – including assisting public and private companies with public and private offerings, reorganization, restructuring, and lending.
Bob is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Securities/Capital Markets Law, and he has received the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rating. He was also named the 2016 Outstanding Member in Industry by the Georgia Society of CPAs. Bob earned his J.D. from Georgia State University College of Law and his Master of Professional Accountancy from Georgia State University. He holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Florida.
"He does phenomenal work. He is an expert, very good to work with, good at protecting our interests and finding loopholes. They work on anything that helps us and protects our interests."
- Provided corporate governance and SEC disclosure advice for a campus housing REIT in connection with a $354 million underwritten initial public offering
- Provided corporate finance and real estate advice, including a nonconsolidation opinion, in connection with the sale of a majority equity interest in the largest temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics services company and related financing
- Represented a Fortune 500 distribution company in $500 million registered offering of notes
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a registered at-the-market offering
- Represented a healthcare software company in a going private transaction
- Provided advice on a private offering for a private real estate fund focusing on healthcare properties
- Represented an NYSE-listed life sciences company in tender offer and acquisition of small public company
- Advised a private family office on SEC beneficial ownership reporting obligations
- Represented a manufacturing company in an issuer self-tender offer
- Advised an OTC-traded technology company on Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and other corporate governance matters
- Advised a NASDAQ-listed bank holding company on a money-registered public offering
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Securities / Capital Markets Law (2016-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rating
- Georgia Society of CPA's, Outstanding Member in Industry (2016)
- "Volunteer Lawyer of the Month," Georgia Online Justice Community (September 2011)
Bob's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Board of Advisors, TheCorporateCounsel.net
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Society of CPAs
- President Elect, Atlanta Chapter
- Member of Leadership Council
- Society of Corporate Securities and Governance Professionals
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Georgia Law Center for the Homeless
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation's Domestic Violence Victim Assistance Program
Bob's Speaking Engagements
"Ethically Challenged Accountants" - ACE2021 IMA's Annual Conference & Expo, 06/14/2021
"Recent Developments in the COVID-19 Crisis and the Stimulus Bill" - The Georgia Society of Certified Accountants, Webinar, 04/29/2020
"Negotiating M&A Deals: Keys to Success in a Hot Market" Event Moderator, Accountants One, 02/21/2019
"Ethical Challenges for Accountants" - Institute of Management Accountants Birmingham Chapter, 09/13/2018
"Recent SEC and PCAOB Accounting, Auditing and Reporting Developments" - Georgia Society of CPAs Atlanta Chapter Accounting and Auditing Seminar, 12/5/2017
"Audit Committees and Critical Auditing Matters" - Financial Executives International Atlanta Chapter, 11/15/2017
"The CFOs speak: Navigating the Company through Challenges and Opportunities" - Panel Moderator, Georgia Society of CPAs Atlanta Chapter, 10/17/2017
"Corporate Governance in the Modern Era" - Institute of Management Accountants, Birmingham Chapter, 04/2017
"SEC Reporting and Compliance Issues" - Frazier & Deeter Seminar, 12/08/2015
“Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance: What Accountants Need to Know Now” - Lorman Education, 09/21/2015
"Recent SEC and PCAOB Accounting, Auditing and Reporting Developments" - Georgia Society of CPAs Decision Makers Conference, 04/24/2015
"Due Diligence in the Acquisition of the Closely-Held Business" - University of Georgia MBA Program, 02/27/2015
State Bar: Alabama, Georgia
U.S. District Court: Georgia (Northern)