Nashville, TN (October 28, 2020) — Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) welcomes Sarah Laird, Brittany Macon and Elizabeth Holland to Maynard’s growing Nashville office. Sarah, Brittany and Elizabeth, formerly with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, join Maynard’s Real Estate and Financial Services practice group and will team with Talbott Ottinger and...Read More
Sarah is a Shareholder in Maynard Cooper's Real Estate and Financial Services practice. She has extensive experience in a broad range of commercial real estate matters, including the acquisition, development, financing, leasing, and operation of real estate assets. Her clients include investors, developers, and operators of healthcare facilities, senior living communities, office assets, multi-family properties, and various other real estate assets located throughout the U.S. Sarah represents several large institutional investment funds focused in the healthcare sector.
Sarah enjoys working with her clients to understand the challenges they face in reaching their goals and objectives, and based on this understanding, she collaborates with her clients to develop creative and efficient strategies for facing these challenges. Sarah understands the pressing need for innovative and cost-effective solutions in an ever-changing real estate market and world, and the legal teams she assembles to serve her clients provide the agility and efficiency her clients desire.
Sarah and her team routinely assist with various real estate components of commercial transactional matters, including the acquisition and disposition of real estate; capital structuring; the negotiation of financing documents, development agreements, easements, and covenants; and the review and evaluation of property diligence materials. She also regularly advises clients on day-to-day operational issues associated with the development, ownership, and operation of real estate assets.
Sarah received her J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School and a Bachelors, magna cum laude, in Mathematics from Freed-Hardeman University.
- Represented Global Medical REIT in upwards of $900 million of healthcare facility acquisitions across the United States.
- Assisted in closing the financing necessary to develop a $105 million senior housing project in Woodstock, Georgia, through a combination of senior debt, preferred equity, and a joint venture partner's equity contribution.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2020-2021
Sarah's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- CREW Network (Commercial Real Estate Women Network)
- American Bar Association, Real Property & Trust Section
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Heart Association
- Raise the Roof
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Nashville
State Bar: Tennessee
Supreme Court of Tennessee
Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals, Judge Robert W. Wedemeyer, 2008-2011