Sarah is a member of Maynard Cooper’s Cybersecurity & Privacy practice. She has earned the ANSI-accredited Certiﬁed Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Sarah’s practice focuses on cybersecurity incident response planning, cybersecurity and privacy compliance and training, vendor management and contract negotiation, and data breach response. She also helps clients assess the cybersecurity risks associated with new technologies and potential acquisition targets. Her clients include businesses from a variety of industries, from Fortune 500 companies to technology start-ups.
Sarah is a frequent speaker on cybersecurity risk management, and is the author of a paper on vendor management that was recently published in the Sedona Conference Journal. Sarah was recently appointed to serve as the Vice Chair of the Alabama State Bar Cybersecurity Task Force.
She received her J.D. magna cum laude from The University of Alabama School of Law and holds a B.A. summa cum laude from the University of Alabama.
Sarah’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Alabama State Bar Association – Vice Chair of Alabama State Bar Cybersecurity Task Force
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Science and Technology Law Sections
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Junior Board
- Cornerstone School Junior Board, Event Chair
- The Women’s Fund of Birmingham
- Junior League of Birmingham
Honorable Robert B. Propst
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama (2011-2012)