Sarah is a member of Maynard Cooper’s Cybersecurity & Privacy practice. She has earned the ANSI-Accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP-US) credential through the International Association of Privacy Professions (IAPP).
Sarah’s practice focuses on cybersecurity risk assessments, cybersecurity incident response planning, cybersecurity and privacy compliance, training, and policy development, vendor management and contract negotiation, and data breach response. She also helps clients analyze cybersecurity risks associated with new technologies and potential acquisition targets. Her clients include businesses from a variety of industries, from Fortune 500 companies to technology start-ups.
Sarah is a frequent speaker and author on cybersecurity risk management. Her work has been published in the Sedona Conference Journal and The Alabama Lawyer. Sarah was appointed to serve as the Vice Chair of the Alabama State Bar Cybersecurity Task Force. She is an adjunct professor at the University of Alabama School of Law, where she teaches a course on privacy and data security law.
She received her J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Alabama School of Law, and she holds a B.A. summa cum laude from the University of Alabama.
Sarah's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Alabama State Bar Association – Vice Chair of Alabama State Bar Cybersecurity Task Force
- Tech Birmingham
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Science and Technology Law Sections
Edward A. Hosp, Starr T. Drum, and Sarah S. Glover, The Alabama Data Breach Notification Act of 2018, The Alabama Lawyer, September 2018, Vol. 79, No. 5.
John Thomas A. Malatesta III and Sarah S. Glover, A Clear and Present Danger: Mitigating the Data Security Risk Vendor Pose to Businesses, The Sedona Conference Journal, Vol. 17, No. 2 (2016).
Sarah's Speaking Engagements
- July 28, 2019: Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting
- March 8, 2019: Birmingham Bar Association Membership Forum
- November 30, 2018: CLE Alabama Employment Law Update
- October 24, 2018: Alabama Women in Public Finance – Understanding and Combating Cyber Fraud: Trends and Techniques
- June 2018: Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting
- May 19, 2018: Alabama State Bar Young Lawyers’ Section Annual CLE
- April 18, 2018: Birmingham Bar Association’s Women Lawyers Section CLE
- February 21, 2018: Cyber Huntsville – Trending Issues in Government Enforcement
Honorable Robert B. Propst
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama (2011-2012)