Maynard is pleased to announce that 200 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 11 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 56 of the Firm’s younger attorneys who are recognized...Read More
As a Shareholder in Maynard's Cybersecurity & Privacy Practice, Sarah heads up cybersecurity risk assessments, data breach response, and cybersecurity compliance and training initiatives.
Sarah has gained prominence as a cyber expert, earning the ANSI-Accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) while also serving as the Vice Chair of the Alabama State Bar Cybersecurity Task Force and an adjunct cybersecurity law professor at the University of Alabama School of Law.
For almost a decade, Sarah has worked on a wide array of cyber-related issues, from data breach planning, response, and recovery, to navigating vendor management and contract negotiations, to helping companies bolster their information security programs. She has performed cybersecurity risk assessments for over 100 private equity portfolio companies and has advised a variety of organizations, from Fortune 500 companies to tech start-ups, across all industry verticals.
Clients appreciate Sarah’s ability to simplify the complex and handle high pressure situations with an even-keeled manner. Her infectious personality has led to numerous speaking opportunities, while her subject-matter expertise has led to Sarah becoming a published author on cybersecurity risk management.
“Sarah is responsive to all our needs and offers practical business solutions.”
- Guiding clients through cybersecurity incident response
- Facilitating cybersecurity risk assessments
- Developing cybersecurity policies, procedures, and governance programs to align with regulatory requirements
- Performing cybersecurity awareness and incident response readiness training
- Negotiating cyber risk issues in technology contracts
- Providing strategic advice during transactions involving cybersecurity risk
- Evaluating cyber liability insurance coverage
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation, Privacy and Data Security (2022-present)
- BBJ NextGen Law Honoree (2021)
Sarah's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Alabama State Bar Association – Vice Chair of Alabama State Bar Cybersecurity Task Force
- Tech Birmingham
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Science and Technology Law Sections
Edward A. Hosp, Starr T. Drum, and Sarah S. Glover, The Alabama Data Breach Notification Act of 2018, The Alabama Lawyer, September 2018, Vol. 79, No. 5.
John Thomas A. Malatesta III and Sarah S. Glover, A Clear and Present Danger: Mitigating the Data Security Risk Vendor Pose to Businesses, The Sedona Conference Journal, Vol. 17, No. 2 (2016).
Sarah's Speaking Engagements
Below is a list of Sarah's recent speaking engagements.
- October 27, 2021: "Ransomware On The Rise: What to Do When You Get Hit" - Compliance and Ethics Forum for Life Insurers (CEFLI) October Educational Webinar
- August 18, 2021: "Campus Security – A Practical Approach to Implementation" - Career Schools Private Education Network Annual Conference
- September 2, 2020: “Privacy & Security in 2020: What’s Happened and What’s Coming,” - Association of Corporate Counsel, Alabama Chapter (Webinar)
- May 5, 2020: "Force Majeure: Navigating contract performance issues during the pandemic" - COVID-19 Webinar: Navigating Landlord/Tenant Relations & General Real Estate Issues
- May 5, 2020: "Cybersecurity Update: How cyber criminals are taking advantage of businesses to commit fraud" - COVID-19 Webinar: Navigating Landlord/Tenant Relations & General Real Estate Issues
- July 19, 2019: "Exploring the Impact of the 2018 Data Breach Notification Act" - Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting
- March 8, 2019: “Hot Topics in Privacy and Cybersecurity Law” - Birmingham Bar Association Membership Forum
- November 30, 2018: “Data Breach/Privacy Issues for Employment Lawyers” - CLE Alabama Employment Law Update
- October 24, 2018: "Understanding and Combating Cyber Fraud: Trends and Techniques" - Alabama Women in Public Finance
- June 2018: “Privacy and Data Security Law: an Overview” - Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting
- May 19, 2018: “Cybersecurity: Best Practices for Attorneys and their Clients” - Alabama State Bar Young Lawyers’ Section Annual CLE
- April 18, 2018: “Data Privacy and Security Laws: Their Broad Reach and Enforcement” - Birmingham Bar Association’s Women Lawyers Section CLE
- February 21, 2018: "Trending Issues in Government Enforcement" - Cyber Huntsville
State Bar: Alabama
U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle)
Honorable Robert B. Propst
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama (2011-2012)
On March 9, 2022, the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) voted to propose new cybersecurity disclosure rules for public companies. The aim of the proposed rules, which build upon interpretive guidance provided in 2011 and 2018, is to better inform investors about public companies’ risk management, strategy, and governance...Read More
Maynard & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to announce that its Cybersecurity and Privacy practice has been recognized among a select group of 16 firms as the “best of the best” in cybersecurity and data privacy litigation. The Firm was included among Cybersecurity/Data Privacy litigation leaders featured in the BTI Litigation...Read More