Seth is an Associate in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice at Maynard Cooper. Seth advises clients in connection with qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, executive and equity compensation arrangements, Code Section 409A compliance, an array of matters involving health and welfare plans, and the benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Maynard Cooper, Seth’s practice involved tax planning, mergers and acquisitions, securities compliance, and estates, trusts, and family business planning. This broad practice allowed Seth to develop an appreciation of a wide range of legal and regulatory issues affecting business owners and executives. Seth leverages this experience to provide each client with technical advice that reflects the client’s business objectives while addressing all relevant ERISA/employee benefits and related tax matters.
- Represented health care practice in restructuring ownership to accommodate growth and developing incentives for employees
- Represented domestic owners in sale of foreign subsidiary
- Advised clients on tax issues surrounding debt for equity swaps
- Advised clients on charitable giving structures
- Advised a regional clinic practice on executive compensation
Seth's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar, Section of Taxation
- American Bar Association, Sections of Taxation and Business Law
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association