Stephen is a Shareholder and member of Maynard Cooper’s Immigration Practice Group. He is an experienced immigration attorney who devotes his practice to assisting international companies regarding all phases of their foreign national workforce. Stephen provides immigration advice and representation to companies and professionals in numerous industries, including hospitality, manufacturing, information technology, financial services, government contracting, education, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology. He partners with his clients on an ongoing basis to keep them apprised of deadlines and immigration reform.
He helps his clients obtain temporary and permanent work authorization for foreign nationals, including managers and executives, temporary non-agricultural workers, college professors and instructors, workers with specialized knowledge, physicians, students, and interns. By evaluating each employee’s credentials and work intentions and considering all applicable visa classifications, Stephen devises successful strategies for obtaining the most advantageous arrangements for entry and stay in the United States.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Employment Law – Management (2020 – present)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in General Litigation, Immigration: Business (2016 – Present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Immigration: Business and General Litigation (2014-2015)
Stephen's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- National Children’s Advocacy Center, Board of Directors (January 2017 to present)
Stephen's Speaking Engagements
10/26/18: “Immigration Update,” 64th Annual Human Resources Management Conference (Birmingham, AL)
University of Alabama School of Law (2008, J.D., Alabama Law Review; John A. Campbell Moot Court Board; Tax Law Moot Court Team; Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society)
University of Alabama (2005, B.A., magna cum laude)
Honorable Inge P. Johnson
United States District Judge for the Northern District of Alabama