National law firm opens tenth office with the addition of Nashville-based McKenzie Laird Ottinger + Leach Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard Cooper) has expanded its national footprint to Tennessee with the opening of a Nashville office and the addition of McKenzie Laird Ottinger & Leach (McKenzie Laird) attorneys. Nashville marks...Read More
Talbott is a Shareholder in Maynard Cooper’s Real Estate practice. He represents individuals and companies with a focus on commercial real estate and business transactions, including corporate structure, entity formation, and asset purchases and sales. Talbott regularly advises and assists his real estate clients with capital raises, joint ventures, the purchase, development, and sale of real estate, financing, and leasing.
Talbott’s entrepreneurial experience of starting and owning several businesses has proved invaluable for his clients. He serves as outside general counsel for numerous retail and restaurant concepts and assists clients in strategies and structure for growth as well as the daily challenges entrepreneurs face.
- Represented developers in acquisition of 56,000 SF mixed-use project in initial acquisition, investor capital raise, redevelopment, and negotiation of leases with multiple national tenants and eventual sale to REIT.
- Represented developer in acquisition of 40 condominiums from individual owners and redevelopment and conversion of units into hotel. Project involved multiple 1031 exchange transactions, investor capital raise, and financing for project.
- Representation of developers in multiple urban adaptive reuse projects.
- Representation of multiple retail, fitness, and restaurant clients in expansion and leasing of locations throughout the United States.
- Representation of automobile dealer in multiple transactions involving acquisition of dealerships, real estate, and other legal matters.
State Bar: Louisiana, Tennessee