Birmingham, AL. (August 20, 2020) Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that 168 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, a peer-review guide highlighting attorneys with significant achievements in their areas of practice. With 76 practice areas listed...Read More
Tom is a Shareholder and serves as Chair of Maynard Cooper's Real Estate Practice Group. In addition, Tom has been a member of the Firm’s Board of Directors for a number of years.
Tom’s extensive experience covers all aspects of representing buyers, sellers, developers, investors, landlords, and tenants in all types of commercial real estate matters, including acquisition, development, financing, leasing, and economic incentive matters. His clients include, among others, developers, investors and owners of retail shopping centers, office assets, multifamily properties and industrial properties located throughout the United States; various manufacturing and tech companies that have recently opened new facilities within the State of Alabama; local developers focused on urban renewal and redevelopment of existing facilities; and several large institutional investment funds focused in the retail, multifamily, office, and hospitality sectors.
In addition, Tom represents lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured transactions and multi-state transactions. Additionally, he represents a number of clients from various industry sectors with respect to equipment lease financing. Many of the Firm's clients, including public and privately-held entities, seek Tom's guidance and counsel in connection with their various financing matters.
Tom has been widely recognized for his skills and accomplishments as an attorney, including a top-tier Band 1 ranking in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a Leading Practitioner in Real Estate. He is also included in The Best Lawyers in America© and Super Lawyers. Tom earned his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law, and he holds a B.S. from Duke University.
"He is excellent…good at creative structures. I think he is one of the best. " - Client Testimonial
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Real Estate (2006 - present)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Banking and Finance Law and Real Estate Law (2007-present)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Real Estate (2016-present)
- B-Metro, Selected as a Top Attorney (2020)
- Birmingham Magazine's "Top Attorneys" in Real Estate (2017)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Real Estate and Banking (2008-2015)
- Birmingham Magazine's "Top Commercial Real Estate Lawyer" (2011)
- Birmingham Business Journal's "Best of Bar" for Real Estate (2005)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
Tom's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Real Property and Business Law Sections
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Center for Real Estate, University of Alabama, Leadership Council Member
State Bar: Alabama