Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to announce that twelve areas of practice and 43 lawyers received high rankings in the recently released 2021 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Maynard is ranked as a leading firm in the following areas of practice: Alabama Banking &...Read More
Tom is a Shareholder and serves as Chair of Maynard Cooper's Real Estate Practice Group. In addition, Tom has been a member of the Firm’s Board of Directors for a number of years.
Tom’s extensive experience covers all aspects of representing buyers, sellers, developers, investors, landlords, and tenants in all types of commercial real estate matters, including acquisition, development, financing, leasing, and economic incentive matters. His clients include, among others, developers, investors and owners of retail shopping centers, office assets, multifamily properties and industrial properties located throughout the United States; various manufacturing and tech companies that have recently opened new facilities within the State of Alabama; local developers focused on urban renewal and redevelopment of existing facilities; and several large institutional investment funds focused in the retail, multifamily, office, and hospitality sectors.
In addition, Tom represents lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured transactions and multi-state transactions. Additionally, he represents several clients from various industry sectors with respect to equipment lease financing. Many of the Firm's clients, including public and privately-held entities, seek Tom's guidance and counsel in connection with their various financing matters.
Tom has been widely recognized for his skills and accomplishments as an attorney, including a top-tier Band 1 ranking in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a Leading Practitioner in Real Estate. He is also included in The Best Lawyers in America© and Super Lawyers. Tom earned his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law, and he holds a B.S. from Duke University.
"He is excellent…good at creative structures. I think he is one of the best. "
"He's practical and client-centric."
"He has expert knowledge."
“Tom is an integral part of our outside legal team. He and his team are terrific.”
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Real Estate (2006 - present)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Banking and Finance Law and Real Estate Law (2007-present)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Real Estate (2016-present)
- B-Metro, Selected as a Top Attorney (2020)
- Birmingham Magazine's "Top Attorneys" in Real Estate (2017)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Real Estate and Banking (2008-2015)
- Birmingham Magazine's "Top Commercial Real Estate Lawyer" (2011)
- Birmingham Business Journal's "Best of Bar" for Real Estate (2005)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
Tom's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Real Property and Business Law Sections
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Center for Real Estate, University of Alabama, Leadership Council Member
State Bar: Alabama