Todd is a member of Maynard Cooper’s Cybersecurity & Privacy practice where he works with clients to proactively manage and mitigate their business risks, and guide companies through their legal and regulatory obligations in the aftermath of a security incident or privacy event.
Todd has assisted with cybersecurity risk assessments, incident response planning, cybersecurity and privacy compliance, training, policy development, and vendor contract negotiation.
For businesses facing active security or privacy incidents, Todd provides support from the company’s initial investigation through the legal reporting and remediation phases of the engagement. He leverages relationships he has built across digital forensics, public relations, and identity protection services to deliver an effective and efficient response to the businesses he represents. He has successfully represented clients in data breach regulatory inquiries, privacy litigation, and has years of experience handling early-stage litigation matters such as e-discovery.
Todd previously worked with Maynard Cooper’s Securities Litigation practice group, where he represented brokerage firms in arbitration proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Todd earned his B.A. from the University of Alabama and his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law.
- Guiding clients through cybersecurity incident response
- Facilitating relationships between cybersecurity firms and businesses
- Evaluating cybersecurity policies, procedures, and governance programs for compliance with regulatory requirements
- Defending companies in regulatory investigations and class action litigation
- Managing large-scale ESI projects, including e-discovery and forensic analysis
State Bar: Alabama