Vince is a Shareholder in the Firm’s Estate, Trust, and Business Planning Group. He focuses his practice in the areas of business planning, succession planning, estate planning, taxation, real estate, and probate administration.
With first-hand business ownership experience and having served as Vice Presiden and General Counsel for a family-owned, multi-national operating company, Vince frequently partners with closely-held, family-owned businesses to provide unique solutions to ensure the efficient transfer of ownership to the next generation. He has experience advising clients with a broad range of estate planning and business law matters including sophisticated will and trust drafting; succession planning; charitable planning; choice of entity planning; tax planning; corporate finance; regulatory issues; compliance and risk management; real estate transactions; and mergers and acquisitions. He also represents clients, including trustees, executors, and beneficiaries, involved in probate and trust disputes and litigation. Vince's industry acumen spans healthcare, manufacturing, entertainment, retail and wholesale, and beverage distribution, among others.
Vince is an adjunct professor at Birmingham School of Law where he teaches Trusts and Estates and Agency and Partnership, and he regularly teaches seminars throughout the state of Alabama in the areas of Estate Planning and Estate Administration. He also serves as a Reporter for the Alabama Law Institute Standing Committee on Trusts, where he works with other subject matter experts to draft and update Alabama statutes in the Trusts and Estates area.
Vince holds a B.S. in Management from the University of Alabama. He earned his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law and his LL.M in Taxation from New York University School of Law.
- The Best Lawyers in America for Trusts and Estates, Tax Law, Real Estate (2019-present)
- 2018 Rising Stars of Law, Birmingham Business Journal
- Top Attorney in Tax Law, Real Estate, Cybersecurity, Birmingham Magazine (2018-present)
- Top Flight Attorney, B-Metro Magazine (2018-present)
- Birmingham Bar Association Future Leaders Forum (2009)
Vincent's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama Law Institute, Stand Committee on Trusts (2018-present)
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Birmingham Estate Planning Council
- Adjunct Professor, Birmingham School of Law (Trusts and Estates; Agency and Partnership)
- Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham, Professional Advisors Committee (2021-present)
- Mountain Brook Chamber of Commerce, Former President
- City of Mountain Brook Editorial Board (2018-present)
- Glenwood, Inc., Former Board of Directors
- Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Program, General Counsel (2016-2019)
- Birmingham Business Alliance, Small Business Council (2010-2011)
- Diocesan Review Board, Roman Catholic Diocese of Birmingham, Chairman
- Pastoral Council, St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church (2020-present)
- Knights of Columbus, St. Francis Xavier Council
State Bar: Alabama
U.S. Tax Court