Bowman is an Associate in Maynard Cooper’s Corporate Section and a member of the firm’s Corporate Securities & Tax Practice Group. His experience includes assisting both privately and publicly held companies in mergers and acquisitions transactions, joint ventures, divestitures and entity organization. Additionally, he regularly advises clients on a variety of corporate structure and governance matters.
In his practice, Bowman also assists in-house legal counsel with a variety of contractual issues. He spent five months supporting the in-house legal team at the world’s largest dedicated security technology company where he negotiated and drafted license agreements, terms of service, privacy statements and professional service agreements. From that experience, Bowman gained a particular expertise in identifying and assisting in-house counsel on a variety of contractual issues.
Bowman earned his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center where he was an editor on the Georgetown Journal of International Law. While in law school, he spent a semester in London studying transnational law at the Center for Transnational Legal Studies. He received his B.A., magna cum laude, in Political Science from the University of Alabama.
- Assisted insurance company in the acquisition of competitor via stock purchase agreement valued at over $125,000,000
- Assisted heavy manufacturing company in the sale to a competitor via asset purchase agreement valued at over $65,000,000
- Advised Delaware Corporation on the consequences of revoking its S-corporation election and the proper steps for the board of directors to take in making such a decision
- Assisted heavy equipment company in determining proper licenses and procedures to follow when conducting sales of vehicles in all 50 states
- Led global effort to assess legal impact of the decision to end-of-life consumer product for security software company
- Negotiated and drafted professional services agreements for security software company
Bowman’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Workshops, Inc., Junior Board Member